looking to buy a teg

shaunr

Hi all

Im looking to buy an integra and have been offerd one in p/x with my leon tdi 170. I used to own a fn2 but changed due to having a kid in june. The leon is decent enough and pokey but its not " fun" kind of feel like an old man lol (26). Anyway I was just wondering if anyone has got kids and is it practical ie boot for a pram and enough room in the back. I know my fn2 had just as big a boot as my leon just not as many doors. Dont mean to go on lol but I do want to go back to a type r.

The deal is 2.5k and my leon for a 55 plate with 58k on. Does this sound ok to you ?

Rom

Advanced Member
Ive got a 3 year old girl. My Teg is the only car in the family.
Its a bit of a pain gettign her in and out the back. But then, i had a 3 door car before too, so nothing i didnt expect.

The boot is huge. Bigger than you imagine, bigger than my A3 was easily.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Yep,really big boot...you can get 2 mountain bikes in there pretty easily and the rear seats will take people up to 6 ft with a squeeze.I`ve been in the back seat numerous times if my Son has driven and I`m 6`2"! Ok its not comfortable for long journeys but it can be done xthumbup

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Always had 3 door cars with my lass whose nearly 5 now. Another lass on the way and still no worries for me. A little extra effort to get them in and out is worth it in my eyes to keep a car like this :)

WatkinsDW

I Have got a 3 year old boy and plan on having another soon and I'm also looking for a teg. I'm currently in a 3 door focus now so not bothered by the door numbers but was worried about size. Had a good look inside davidpingu's dc5 the other day and realised they are roomy enough. Especially the boot I was incredibly surprised with the size. So I'm definitely getting one even with plans for a second child. Plus my son loves the DC5 now so I got no choice haha.

Erm

Advanced Member
If you can't fit something in a DC5 then you should be driving a van or a minibus

They are huge.

DC5RS

DC5
Erm said:
If you can't fit something in a DC5 then you should be driving a van or a minibus

They are huge.
exactly! had my bicycle and all my stuff fit with no issues in one go.

Dan34

Advanced Member
I managed to fit 4 wheels with tyres and 4 loose tyres in mine...

:xgrin:

maxvr6

Advanced Member
In my DC2 i did a trip to Ikea once, it managed to inhale 2 x side tables, 2 x wardrobes, 1 x chest of drawers, 1 x desk, 1 x large shelving unit and a load of other tat, and the DC5 is slightly bigger so its even more practical than my sisters golf!

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
Ha ha.. I did a trip from Devon to Glasgow with.
2 large suit cases (just back from honeymoon)
Full exhaust system
4 wheels with tyres
Boxes for supercharger
Boxes for supercharger components x 2
Tegiwa M
Kpro box
2 hand luggage bags
And washing machine....ok that's lies but that would fit no problem

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
Due to it getting freezing overnight, me and the missus slept in my Teg last year at JAE. Seats down, and air bed in the boot, slept like a baby, and we ain't exactly small humans!

tico_87

Advanced Member
Big enough for a road trip to Portugal with 3 adults and the dog plus all luggage...

Also enough space for 4x18" alloys with tyres fitted plus another four 18" tyres (subwoofer left in and mugen rear brace in the way haha)

shaunr

More then enough room for my pram then lol. Thanks for the replies. So does 11k sound right ? 55 plate facelift with 58k stock

bennn

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
9.5k nearer the mark
Would have thought more than that to be honest.

My 2002 prefacelift got sold for not far off that with similar mileage.

It was a minter though.

WatkinsDW

Same every facelift I've seen for sale at that kind of mileage always seem to fetch 10k or more. Think I seen only one going slightly under 10k since my search for a dc5.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
newyorkaddict said:
Due to it getting freezing overnight, me and the missus slept in my Teg last year at JAE. Seats down, and air bed in the boot, slept like a baby, and we ain't exactly small humans!
We did the same last year too unfortunately the air bed went down and I ended up laid in the Mugen read brace and with my head in the rear footwell too :(

I've done ikea trips in this thing aswell as yearlyc car shows with multiple people baggage inside ;)