looking to import a dc5 to dublin ireland

gregb

Advanced Member
hi folks first post :oops: as the heading states i`m looking to get a dc5 pref 2001 ave miles open to colors but blue is nice.i`m sure a few of yous have gone this route with emailing co`s day in day out but if i can learn anything from you guys it`d be appreciated.
most quotes are £12000 for my search.i know there is a few members from eire.if i get the car for £12000(@e16000) irish vrt search on said model is @54000 euros 30%!!so i should by this sum have my self a dc5 on the road in ireland fingers and toes crossed for around 22000euros?
retailing at the moment around 26000euros for above in irish garages
thanks btw i love the site greg :)

Tarmac

Advanced Member
I paid 26k for mine this time last year greg from Red Cow Autos on the Nass road - off the Red Cow roundabout. Mine is a 2001 model - for a 2001 model, you should be expecting to pay a little less this year for one - i.e. 24000 or 24500 maybe.

truffs

i believe that it must be cheaper to buy them from teh UK as when i sold my accord type R at least 30% of the callers were from Ireland. Here are some sites to wet your appetite.

www.gt-culture.com
www.litchfieldimports.co.uk
www.japaneseperformancecars.com
www.bristolimportcentre.co.uk (i think thats their website address)

also type-r duncs from this forum sells them and has a nice white one for sale at the moment in the for sale section of this forum. (white is sooo the common colour) and i belive one of the lads from www.funkyproduct.co.uk (or com) is selling his and looks very nice as ive seen it in the flesh (white again though!!!)

HTH

gregb

Advanced Member
thanks lads.btw i didn`t feel it appropiate to post in wanted section yet as i`m only looking for import information and not the car at the moment thanks.
anyone hear of this co www.tmimports.net r advertising a dc5 2001@£9000 shipped to uk incl ins. :idea:

gregb

Advanced Member
i wish i`m just ur average guy trying to get the car of my dreams.i`m a chef for ten years now and would love to get into car importing or aftermarket tuning eventually.just i work hard for my cars and don`t like being ripped off. your services in the uk and the import scene is miles or km`s :lol: ahead of us in eire.

gregb

Advanced Member
i received recent email saying they can ship it to dublin at no extra cost but expect to wait a while for a ship to be en route here.

gaz3434

Advanced Member
Tarmac said:
I paid 26k for mine this time last year greg from Red Cow Autos on the Nass road - off the Red Cow roundabout. Mine is a 2001 model - for a 2001 model, you should be expecting to pay a little less this year for one - i.e. 24000 or 24500 maybe.
Tarmac,

A few months ago, I went to see a blue 2001 DC5 with 67,000 kms on the clock down at Red Cow Autos (now called Rathcoole Motors or something as they've moved out to Rathcoole :wink: ) and to be honest, it had more hits than Abba and the interior was pretty shabby! :lol:

Plus it was badged as an Acura RSX, even tho it was right hand drive and did have jap stickers all over it (weird :? ) He was looking around 32k euros for it including VRT which I thought was extortionate compared to the prices of them on the UK mainland. He wasn't really prepared to drop the price at all so I just walked (or drove!) away! Derek I think the the guy's name was....

gregb

Advanced Member
yes i was in with him myself.alot of scuffs on the outside lips etc he was asking 29500 for it and as u said the acura rsx badges??aswell i`m thinking it`s only got 200bhp if so us spec??
u got a good deal yourself where did u get it private sale??
i`m still in stalemate with the funding for it so :( .
i`ve stripped some parts from my sir 96 teg if u know of any one interested it`s for sale at 7650euros with lots of extras.
i haven`t visited this site as much cos i`m teasing myself :xrockout:

Tarmac

Advanced Member
gaz - don't get me wrong - i didn't mean to make it sound like an advertisement for Red Cow or Rathcoole as they are now. When I got my teg from them, it was one of a handful of cars in good shape. They had a Nissan F350Z there and wanted 60k for it. Lovely car except it was completely covered in scratches and some small dents that had rusted in the boot lid! Complete cowboys granted, but I'm just grateful I got a good deal and ran! :lol:

gaz3434

Advanced Member
gregb said:
u got a good deal yourself where did u get it private sale??
Greg, I got mine on eBay, which was perhaps a bit risky but it was from an import dealer in Durham and I asked loads of questions about the car before I put my bid in so that I had everything in writing if it turned out to be a duffer! :) I was lucky that the auction ended pretty cheaply with my bid being the highest!

Tarmac, fair play to you for getting a good deal from them - I was happy just to get a test drive in a DC5 before buying one elsewhere! :lol:

gregb

Advanced Member
ebay!!your the first person i`ve heard of doing that :eek: .makes me wonder why a dealer would want to put it on ebay firstly unless he had problems selling direct?you`d expect to find a modified version which would get high bids and interest on ebay were your`s is fairly stock,but hey you did well and the car seems sound so congrats :wink:

macer

Advanced Member
gaz3434 said:
Tarmac said:
Tarmac,

A few months ago, I went to see a blue 2001 DC5 with 67,000 kms on the clock down at Red Cow Autos (now called Rathcoole Motors or something as they've moved out to Rathcoole :wink: ) and to be honest, it had more hits than Abba and the interior was pretty shabby! :lol:

Plus it was badged as an Acura RSX, even tho it was right hand drive and did have jap stickers all over it (weird :? ) He was looking around 32k euros for it including VRT which I thought was extortionate compared to the prices of them on the UK mainland. He wasn't really prepared to drop the price at all so I just walked (or drove!) away! Derek I think the the guy's name was....
Had a look at this Car myself with a M8 who is a mechanic and he reckons the car has been hit at the back and covered up,