Looks like I will be selling the DC5 :(

MrHanky

Advanced Member
After discussing things with my wife (who has just been made redundant), I am thinking now is the time to get our finances sorted. She is taking 3 years off work to look after the kids whilst they are young, so we are both selling our cars (she has a VRS). I do about 106 miles a day to get to work at the minute so am going for all out economy (Yaris 1.4D).

Anyways I just wanted to see what price you lot think I should put my car up for. Also will it make a big difference if I take off all of the modifcations.

Car is a CW 02 plate with 60,000 miles on the clock. Car tax runs out this month (I will put 6 months on) and is in lower bracket.

Car almost full service history by either Honda or TGM (TGM did major service 12k ago), and I just did oil and filter change two weeks ago.

Car is in very good condition but I would not call it immaculate.

Mods:

Kpro
Gruppe M
Toda Manifold
RBC Inlet Manifold
Kakimoto Regu 06R exhaust
Mugen strut brace
Eibach springs and camber adjusters.
Geo setup by Tom at TGM 12k ago.
Replica Mugen wing painted CW
Tenzo R DC5 wheels in black

Anyways your feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear that you have to sell your car...

If i were you id return it back as close as possible to original, sell all the bits separetly, they will be worth more..

celox performance

Advanced Member
The mods won't make that much of a difference in price and with those mods you have then you'd be better selling them on here. If you sold them with the car then you'd probably only get around an extra £1,000 compared to what you'd get if you sold them privately......

With 60,000 miles, 'near complete' sevice history and in 'good condition' then i'd say you probably get around the £9000-£9500 mark without the mods or £10,000-£10,500 with the mods. That's probably a realistic figure. Some people will probably say you'd get more for it than that but I very much doubt that it would easily sell.

MrHanky

Advanced Member
Thanks for the information people. It is a shame that I am selling as it has been a brilliant car, but it will be nice (for my wife at least) to spend a few years having quality time with the kids.

I think I will get the mods off ASAP and get it up for sale. I just need to find the time to get everything changed over.

Thanks again

Mark

MrHanky

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
U have pics of your car with all the mods on?
I will get a few pictures sorted for you tonight. I am going to try and sell the car as is for 1 week as I have someone interested at the minute. If I can get an ok price for it without having to take everything off then great. If not, then I will get it booked in to TGM to put it back to stock.

I will hopefully have it advertised properly tonight.

Thanks

Mark

Ezza

Advanced Member
You will make more money splitting the parts to be honest! Plently of vultures about for this kind of acitivity :lol:

MrHanky

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
You will make more money splitting the parts to be honest! Plently of vultures about for this kind of acitivity :lol:
Yep I know it will make me a bit more money that way, it's just waying up the time and money to change things back. The vultures are already circling ;)

Thanks

Mark

MrHanky

Advanced Member
Dc5Dub07 said:
1st dibs on the Toda Manifold and Kakimoto Regu 06R exhaust :xyes:
Lol, thats the exhaust, manifold and Kpro pretty much gone, and I doubt it will be long before someone asks for the Gruppe M :D

MrHanky

Advanced Member
I took a quick side profile picture, but will get a load more pictures up when the car actually goes up for sale.

Thanks

Mark

MrHanky

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
sorry to here your selling :(

but dam missed a another kpro ](*,)
Don't worry you haven't missed it yet. If it does go up for sale, I will post the price and let all those who have shown an interest know. Just going to go research the cost for individual mods now.

Thanks

Mark

MattDC5

Advanced Member
Shame your selling up, good the proceeds are going to a worthy cause though.

Shameless vulturing :xyes: - may be interested in the wing.

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear it. Some things have to make priority.

Imo without mods it'l be worth £1-£2k, first dibs if you sell if for that :lol: :D

MrHanky

Advanced Member
MattDC5 said:
Shame your selling up, good the proceeds are going to a worthy cause though.

Shameless vulturing :xyes: - may be interested in the wing.
Yep it will be good for the kids.
Lol at the vulturing :D

I will let you know if I do split the parts.

Thanks

Mark

MrHanky

Advanced Member
Right then the parts are coming off next weekend, and the car will be back to standard (except for the wheels). Unfortunately for some vultures, a few of the parts are already taken by a friend of mine (Kpro, RBC and Toda).

So the only bits left will be the wing, kakimoto exhaust, mugen strut brace, springs and camber adjusters.

I will put the sale ad up once the parts are off the car etc, and won't be selling before hand. Mainly due to the fact that I want to confirm the condition of the parts.

Thanks

Mark