Loose back end with new tires and 4 wheel alignment?

iPicaso

I hear you all talk about the squirling on a motorway. i have brand new F1's on my rears, and ones with half tread on the fronts, and my car has just had four wheels aligned. but when doing 70mph down a motorway, the car is hard to keep straight. its like i cant relax and im always turning left or right to find the center of the lane. it was not like that before. my car has HKS shocks, and was beautiful o drive on a motorway. (a smooth one anyway) could it be the tires? or could it be that the alignment that needs to be done by a better firm.. like TGM?

and yes... if you were wondering, i was supposed to get the new tires fitted to the fronts, but the guy must have thought my car was rear wheel drive... lol :xak: he needs shooting.

ill swap the fronts with the backs this week and let you know what happens and if it sorts the problem. but id love some opinions from others that have had this problem, and how they got rid of it.

iPicaso

another quick question.. does anyone know what the UFI equivelant is to the L14459 oil filter is? or better yet.. what oil filter do i get?

thanks

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Civic type R oil filter from Honda, use only the oem or hamp.

it sounds like they haven't made a great job of the alignment.
However, if you have a fast road setup done it is quite normal that the car will tramline a bit, you have less tyre in contact with the tarmac the more negative camber you have but the better it will corner.

you should also check no one has adjusted anything on the coilovers and the tyre pressure.

iPicaso

I have just swapped the fronts with the backs, but unfortunately my car is
on a SORN at the moment. it should be on the road in the next few days,
then i can see if that helped. and on the way to the motorway, ill change my
tire pressure.. 33f 31r? or 32 30? thats with the eagle F1's

I did have the fast road setup on it, and i dont think they played with
anything other than the toe. but i reckon they put it to 0.00 all round.
I know even from RC racing experience that you need the backs to have a
little bit of toe. if the ride for the tire is dead straight then they will just drift
whenever they want. not sure about what it should be for the teg.

so you reckon go get them re-aligned at tgm?

celox performance

Advanced Member
First of all find out exactly what they have set it to and let us know. For fast road use you need toe in on the rear. I have 0.5mm per side of toe in on the rear and on the track where I like a 'lively' rear end I have 0.5mm p/s toe out.

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
I get this on th emotorways, but only in the slow lane, this is due to the grooves left behind from large trucks etc, middle lane/fast lane its fine

iPicaso

Ok, i put the new tires on the front now, and just went and got tax for my car. its pissing down with rain and i aint standing there outside tesco's garage putting air in my tires.. lol. so tomo morning ill put the tire pressure's right, and take it for a burn up the motorway. if its still the same, then im taking it to TGM as soon as. :) thanks alot though everyone. you have been helpfull.

Thanks

iPicaso

Thanks for that. :x :)

I have just got in from testing it out, i went to check the tire pressure's and they were 38PSI all round :xaiweb6: I put them to 33f 31r and now seems alot better, but still not the greatest, and far from back to how it was. ill change them again though and put the fronts to back and vv :x . hopefully its back to normal coz i dont want to have to take it to TGM. its a long day.

Thanks

iPicaso

kingston said:
But you knew this already didnt you?
yeah but not everyone has a cockylike replie. i thought this forum was for people with the same interests, and people that will help eachother and share information and experiences.

not for the bigheaded little guy. :wink:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
If you still have a problem or you are unsure Tom (tgm) will redo as you should also have some negative camber there as well, do you have camber bolts fitted (front) or adjusters on the rear?

You ideally waant these for a proper fast road setup.

kingston

Advanced Member
iPicaso said:
kingston said:
But you knew this already didnt you?
yeah but not everyone has a cockylike replie. i thought this forum was for people with the same interests, and people that will help eachother and share information and experiences.

not for the bigheaded little guy. :wink:
i did, you ignored it

you wont win this arguement, im bored baby sitting an empty building site and ahve nothing else to do bar start petty arguements over the internet