LOSS OF POWER AFTER MAJOR SERVICE

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Ive just recently had a major service done on my car,this service also includes taking the cam cover off and adjusting the tappets,valves etc...

now for some reason since ive got it back the car doesnt seem as responsive as it did before it went in for the service and also its feels lack of power,its also not got the *pulling power* that i used to feel. Because i drive the car everyday i know and feel when there is something wrong. What could be the problem here? Would i lose power if the technician overtightened the tappets and valves etc?? Its doing my head in now! :evil: Help

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yes its possible, have you checked the oil level?

did they do valve clearence on a STONE cold engine?

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
It is possible!!! :evil: The car wasnt done from stone cold though because i had to drive on the motorway there to get to the garage. The oil level i checked when i got back and it wasnt topped to the full. So i topped it up a bit.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
tbh i think the valve clearences would need to be quite a bit out lose that much performance , you would also be able to hear them rattling.

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
No i didnt take it to honda dealer. Will have to ring the garage and ask them why. :roll:

imran

TypeRKid said:
No i didnt take it to honda dealer. Will have to ring the garage and ask them why. :roll:
Which garage did you go to?

Also find out what spec they did the tappets and valve clearences.
I used to use a garge many years ago and the fella used just tight them up as he please (totally wrong)!

Hope you get it sorted buddy.

neil_integra

Advanced Member
I found that the rubber hose going into the airbox had come off and was blocking the air supply, this had huge power loss. i then tie wrapped it on with a large cable tie and was back to normal.
Might be worth a check as you cant see under the air box that easy.
The valve clearance should be done from cold or as cold as possible if not possible because you have to drive there.

dan the man

Advanced Member
Lad its all them badass gangsta guns in the back..weighing you down. :lol:

Anyway hope u get to the bottom of it... :?

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
Lad its all them badass gangsta guns in the back..weighing you down. :lol:

Anyway hope u get to the bottom of it... :?
HAHAHA :lol:

Thanks pal,ive got someone to have a look at it hopefully this weekend if not then whenever he is free.

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Good news people, had my car looked looked at 2weeks ago and found out that some of my spark plugs were worn and my tappets were out!! Not mentioning any names or where i took it to but this person who i normally take it to for service didnt do a good job. He must have had a bad day that day!! :evil:

Luckily an ex technician who used to work for this person came to my rescue and contacted me to say he would have a look for me to see what the problem is.
(my prayers were answered! :lol: )

It just shows you that even the most minor of things makes such a big difference to driveability and power!! Now my car drives and responds to how it should,more responsive,smooth and power is back!! xthumbup

Thank you my good friend (MARK SPORT)! =D> ,thank god you contacted me and i will be using you again for servicing etc.. you'll get sick of seeing me now because i'll be coming to see you all the time on minor things hahaha!! i owe you one of these :xcheers: cheers buddy!!

Suped

Advanced Member
Nice one Jemmy!! Glad your teg is A-Ok! Who is this Mark? Got any contact details?? :p

Suped

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
Suped said:
Who is this Mark? Got any contact details?? :p
You're going to cheat on Tom behind his back?! :shock:
You whore Eddie! :p :lol: :lol:
Better get to know a back up in case anything was to happen if I ever get stuck up north somewhere.... :lol:

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Alright Eds, yep Mark is excellent and takes his time and pride in doing his job,that's what i like about him,not people who rush and makes a ball out of it just to make money out of you! If you still want his number i can PM it you let me know buddy :wink:

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
No problems mate,im only putting honest words on the forum haha! :wink: Oh by the way ive PM'd you, you might find it funny!! :wink:

dotty

Advanced Member
I will hazard a guess, TypeRKid is from the NW. I think its Mark the aussie who used to be part of TDi North :eek: