Loss of power :(

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if you are going more than 6mph or something, the k100 launchcontrol shouldnt activate, or it would happen every high rev gear change.

if you are stationary you will be feeling the honda rev control, which stops vtec when stationary

Linus27

Advanced Member
I was definitely stationary as I was sitting at the lights for a minute or so. I did set a few revs but certainly nowhere near the launch control limit of 4500rpm. Maybe 1500rpm. When the lights changed I floored it but not flat out as I didn't want wheel spin nor was I intending to burn off the line, just a rapid get away. No idea where I got to with the revs but maybe close to VTEC but certainly nowhere near redline. I was however going fast enough to start thinking about going into 2nd but then the power went. I also can't confirm if I had fully come off the clutch but as I was just going for a quick get away and not the perfect gear change optimum revs getaway, it's quite possible I was being a bit lazy on the clutch :)

I didn't even know I had launch control or how to even use it so I know I wasn't trying to use it :)

raz786

Advanced Member
I would say TPS maybe. If all throttle response was lost I wouldn't think it would be oil. If it was sluggish then it could be oil in my opinion, but completely no throttle response may be due to the TPS.
Speak to Romain :)

ARCooke

I've just got a similar problem, once warmed up mine doesnt seem to engage Vtec?
Vtec is programed to engage at 5300rpm but mine is revving through that and not going anywhere particularily quickly?
Havent ran the car for a few weeks so i took it on a run down the M1 and kept speeding up and slowing down in 6th and eventually the Vtec started to engage again.
Come to use the car for work this morning and once again once warmed up its doing the same thing revving but not going anywhere?
Going to get intouch with Will at RDT.tv who mapped the car today and see how quickly he works out what it is haha.
Any advice appreciated.

Benneh

Advanced Member
Check your oil level and, if possible, pressure as well. VTEC will only engage when there's a certain oil pressure as a minimum.