Lost key

J teg

Hi,my car is in bodyshop someone breaking into the garage last night and tooked all the car keys,my car got no alarm only imobillizer,anyone on here could help me or any suggestion?thanks

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I would say its the body shops problem. I would want the keys and barrels changing, plus the alarm replacing or reprogramming by a reputable company.

This is why we have insurance and more so business insurance. If you simply get another key cut and another fob programmed and your car gets nicked one day, the question will be asked from your insurance company. If you say you had your keys nicked and didn't do anything about it you will be at fault.

Crappy situation hope you get it sorted.

J teg

If i changed the ignition barrel with the key can i start the car straight away or i still need to dis arm the imobilizzer?thanks

Brecht

Advanced Member
pre facelift doesn't need programming , facelift does if i recall correctly?

spooke

Advanced Member
I thought the car never came with an immobilizer, so there's a aftermarket system which surely uses a chip or some sort else what's the point?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
As above. The body shop would be replacing mine too! They should be heavily insured so shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
To my knowledge, PFL has no immobiliser. Which is why people get away with ordering cheapo Jazz keys and the like, and just getting them cut.
The fob is for the remote locking, it's not an immobiliser.

So you could just get a key and lockset. No programming needed.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

spooke

Advanced Member
Rom said:
To my knowledge, PFL has no immobiliser. Which is why people get away with ordering cheapo Jazz keys and the like, and just getting them cut.
The fob is for the remote locking, it's not an immobiliser.

So you could just get a key and lockset. No programming needed.

This is what I thought, but if J teg says he has one maybe it's aftermarket (or he doesn't?) in which case he will need it programmed somehow?

Rom

Advanced Member
Could be mistaken. As Greenlight think my car has an immobiliser too (oem), they didn't ask for my Cat 1 certificate, as it apparently has an immobiliser.
But everything I've read, suggests they don't have one on PFL at all.
You simply couldn't use a random key blank if they did. As it wouldn't have the transponder inside, nor would it be coded to the car.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Aftermarket alarm systems typically fitted to pre facelifts have an immobiliser as part of the install. You'd really struggle insuring a DC5 without an alarm and immobiliser. These obviously have their own fob, be it Cobra, Toad etc.

The Honda key, if it has buttons, is only for unlocking the car.

Only the facelift comes with a factory fitted immobiliser.