Low revs/stalling

Erm

Advanced Member
Ok so had a problem when changing brake disc/pads yesterday, bolt holding the caliper in place wouldn't come out after it sheared off, got it removed but had to completely remove the caliper etc. Got that sorted, today came back and brakes needed bleeding, which I just did. To do this I just jacked it up on one side. Starting the car before this it was fine, revving normally and idling properly.

However once bled and still jacked up I started the engine to feel if the pedal was ok before putting the wheel back on etc, but noticed the car wasn't idling at its normal rev range. Anyway put the wheel back on and went to take it for a test drive and it keeps idling very low and stalling/cutting out. I can rev the car and it responds ok but when coming to a stop or depressing the clutch it'll almost stall or it will cut out. I was coming back to park up and stop and it cut out meaning I lost steering etc

Now I have no idea if it was just coincidence or what that when starting it with one side jacked up caused the problem or whether it has anything to do with the brake bleeding etc but I'm kind of stumped given it started fine a few times this morning and then went wrong all of a sudden.

No EML came on etc. Any suggestions welcome.......

Erm

Advanced Member
OK never mind. Seems it must have been a small air pocket in the fuel line introduced when starting it when jacked up. Left it running with revs at 2000-3000 for a couple of mins and it's back to normal again.