Low speed Knocking!!!

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Ok so i was on the way home from my girlfriends and i pulled out the drive and turned left and noticed like a knocking noise, didnt think to much to it untill i got home and turned into my driveway and it done it again :( so i turned the wheel from left to right moving slowly and it stopped, really confused and dont have a clue what it could be?? any idea's???

willymick

Check the rubber boots on the driveshaft and the steering arms. Is it just when you turn the wheels or when you are pulling off...For want of a better expression!:xlol:

Ok so i was on the way home from my girlfriends and i pulled out the drive and turned left and noticed like a knocking noise, didnt think to much to it untill i got home and turned into my driveway and it done it again :( so i turned the wheel from left to right moving slowly and it stopped, really confused and dont have a clue what it could be?? any idea's???

Future

Advanced Member
I had this a few times now, exactly as you are saying, going very very slow each time I pull away from a junction etc. and each time it has been one of the anti roll bar drop links, as soon as it has been replaced it has been fine. Each time it was a different one, which makes sense for them to start giving a little play as they have never been replaced before and are all the same age.

The drop links can be bought from Honda and are not too expensive, around £40 inc. VAT then about £55 for fitting, so in total £95.

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Check the rubber boots on the driveshaft and the steering arms. Is it just when you turn the wheels or when you are pulling off...For want of a better expression!:xlol:
Its when im pulling off :xlol: ill have a look tonight at the rubber boots. thanks

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
I had this a few times now, exactly as you are saying, going very very slow each time I pull away from a junction etc. and each time it has been one of the anti roll bar drop links, as soon as it has been replaced it has been fine. Each time it was a different one, which makes sense for them to start giving a little play as they have never been replaced before and are all the same age.

The drop links can be bought from Honda and are not too expensive, around £40 inc. VAT then about £55 for fitting, so in total £95.
Well funnily enough i have just had the rear drop links done but they said the fronts were fine? so not sure thats what it is :xconfused:

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Well my car is going in to the garage tomorrow where my brother works, so will find out what the horrible noise is soon enough, thanks for the replies :)

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Turns out it was just the front anti roll bar drop links so nothing to major thank god :)