Lower it 40 mm with out effecting the handling?

neolee40

Advanced Member
Hi all

I'd like your advice on lowering my dc-5. I don't wanna spend a fortune but i wanna lower the DC-5 35- 40mm so it sits nicely on the 17inch stock rims it's a bt on stilts at the mo. Thing is I don't wanna ruin the handling of the DC-5 as it handles so nice now! any suggestions?

ta :)

dobber

Advanced Member
Either the Spoon springs or go for the Eibach ones. Im going to be fitting Eibach coilovers as soon as they are in the country, in fact i should be THE first person in UK to have them :D

ood thing with the coilovers is at least you adjust the ridehight to suit your conditions , be it your on a track day or just driving round town.

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
I'm about to fit my Spoon Progressive springs, but a few people already have them and might be able to post a before and after...

Think it lowers the car enough to look much better, and gives you better rather than worse handling... :wink:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Dropping that low, even with spoon springs, it's a good idea to get camber adjustment, thats front and rear. You can just get away with it, with the spoon items

Mike

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
I think the Tein Sprinsg tend to lower the car slightly more than the Spoons's.

Spoon is just about perfect ride, nice and low at front and a slight drop at the rear,

Please do not put 19s on the car :cry:

My Old car -

neolee40

Advanced Member
AW nice thats sits perfectly!!! how much are these springs and whrere can i get from? I'm in the hampshire area :). ALso does it effect handling? peope say shouldn't lower it too much cause it can effect the handling and make it worse.

THanks

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
I'd be interested in seeing it once it's done mate, is that still getting done by Kelvin?
Kelvin's the one I spoke to the other week. Going to give him a ring tomorrow and see if he can fit me in for either friday afternoon or Saturday.

Actually if I do it Saturday, you up for coming along to have a look..? :idea:

neolee40

Advanced Member
19's look wicked man come one this does look the works :). anyone agree? also i think this is lowered by 40m??

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
would say that is prob on coilovers, as Mike has said look at the Camber problems with the front wheel.

Not seen the picture before though, new models with more mods popping up.

Bilko!

neolee40 said:
19's look wicked man come one this does look the works :). anyone agree? also i think this is lowered by 40m??

I agree with you matey, that looks wicked 8)

Is that a Mugen front end and wing?

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Evil_Weasel said:
SCOTTIECTR said:
I'd be interested in seeing it once it's done mate, is that still getting done by Kelvin?
Kelvin's the one I spoke to the other week. Going to give him a ring tomorrow and see if he can fit me in for either friday afternoon or Saturday.

Actually if I do it Saturday, you up for coming along to have a look..? :idea:
I'm heading over there on Saturday to have a coffee with Kelvin any way (not that he knows yet :lol: ) So that would be cool. I'll be over about 10, how's that?