lowering the v-tech

User

Advanced Member
martin200 said:
To spark some controversy - does anyone believe they make their car faster by dropping the VTEC point? I can't see it to be honest. For noise, maybe. For driveability / power / torque performance, I doubt very much. Surely Honda would have spent hundreds of hours with the K20 on the dyno to optimise its performance.
Bit confused.

Mid range there's a massive increase in performance, pretty obvious I'd have thought...?

Better driveability, more power there, and more torque. :?

Maybe you've not worded your post properly? Or maybe I need another coffee to get my brain working.

mikegsi

Staff member
as above, massive difference since lowring the vtec (h) point, but it was all done professionally to supplement other mods

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Words fail me...

Oh, and it bugs me when people call a laser a "lazer"! WTF is that all about? Light Amplification by Zimulated Emission of Radiation? :lol:

Yambo

Advanced Member
Trung thats class!! PMSL for hours!!! :p

Think the older scoobs are becoming a bit chav but don't really see them as much!!

Why mess around with the engine to squeeze out a few more BHP, just save for a faster car :wink:

martin200

Advanced Member
User said:
And pull your finger out & post on OcUK too, they'll love to see it ;)
Trying to get some nice pictures of the old girl, but poor weather is putting that aside!

With regards to me questioing the change of VTEC point. On a modded engine, yes, maybe there are advantages. But I know people do it to stock engines. If there is better driveability, more power and more torque, why did Honda not lower the VTEC point themselves? I used to believe it was fuel economy, however I suspect at over 70mph, Honda would not particularely care about fuel economy?

dan the man

Advanced Member
WTF! im no chav :evil: :lol:

and shame that, the 106 rally phase 2 is a class car..only wing and neons spoil it..do they not realise..FFS! :x :x :x :x

iVE NEVER heard a bad report about a Kpro yet it seems :idea:

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
I am getting Kpro'd on Friday and I had my car dyno'd last Saturday.

So I will post up the graphs before and after.

dan the man

Advanced Member
u git andy.

Ive rode yours before so its gona be good to see the difference...

(your car not your bird :p )

dtm