Lowering

mark2390

Advanced Member
I've been thinking of having eibach springs fitted and frs but the thing is putting me off is if it catches all the time on speed bumps etc, I catches slightly now sometimes and was just seeing if you who have it done have constant problems of would you just go for frs?? Oh and how's the ride affected? Smoother or more or less the same? Cheers

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
what catches? your bumpers? b-pipe of the exhaust?

lowered on eibach pro kit with spoo b-pipe will catch middle of speed hump and scrape slightly but its fine if you drive one wheel over the hump and the other off it.

ride feels much more stable and solid but it is not harsh on bumps (oem springs felt worse)

mark2390

Advanced Member
B-pipe that catches... is it 25mm drop on eibachs? Also while I'm on what size spacers look the best on the rear as I think that would need doing too!?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
30mm drop with the eibach pro kit, i'm not sure if the oem b-pipe would catch on a speed hump as it sits higher than the spoon one. only really catches on the mega big speed humps, most ones its fine to straddle either side and drive over.

mark2390

Advanced Member
Ok cheers, best think about having it done then! :D

mark2390

Advanced Member
Its a dc sports, dont know if thst sits higher or lower or same as oem!

jasondc55

Advanced Member
I have eibach pro on my blue my car the stance is forwards rake but she handles and turns in sweet no scraping at all with oem and aftermarket.

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
I have the Eibach pro kit too I have no problems catching on anything really only major bumps really but handles lovely

chrex

Advanced Member
Yea i've got the Tein springs that are about 30mm drop - and i just take my time over speedbumps. No issues. As for spacers - im looking at getting some 20mm ones. One of the lads on here has got the 20mm itchiba ones on the back of his car i think and that looks spot on :)

DC5RS

DC5
chrex said:
Yea i've got the Tein springs that are about 30mm drop - and i just take my time over speedbumps. No issues. As for spacers - im looking at getting some 20mm ones. One of the lads on here has got the 20mm itchiba ones on the back of his car i think and that looks spot on :)
i had tein springs as well, no probs on speedbumps but when there was a high place to go was a nightmare, the cat was touching everywhere.