LPG conversion ???

JDC5

Charged DC5
Since fitted the charger I never took notice of the MPG as I was doing long distance travels but lately I've been doin alot of short runs and the MPG is terrible!!! Lol

Some suggested to me about looking to get an LPG conversion, my research began and the LPG goes into the high powered EVO's and Scooby too! Some EVO with over 400BHP runs LPG with no problem and running cost have dropped by more then half! It's like 250miles from £25!!

I know most DC5 on here are NA so no need for the cheaper fuel but us force induction owners why haven't we jumpe on the band wagon??

Is it a bad idea still? I know the bad thing about LPG for the VTECH engine is the valve will burn dry so I know if I was to get this conversion I need a flashlube installed too..

Has anyone fort about LPG? Is this a good idea for a supercharged DC5? How will it be installed along side the kpro?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Personally I wouldnt bother with LPG on a car like this, if its a ECO runner you want buy another run around IMO.

There other aspects to look at with LPG aswell..
like the Combustion charge burns alot hotter and will damage the valve seats... We always have LPG vans in at work with misfires where the valve clearances have become too tight.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i think there is some reason you cant fit lpg to a k20a but i cant put my finger on it, i think its something to do with the learning ecu and ivtec giving the piggy back problems when controlling the gas during vtec , changing cam angles etc etc

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
When I was looking to buy mine there was a LPG converted one for sale on pistonheads at the time.

think the biggest problem would be the extra heat reducing the life of the engine components

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
There's a blue LPG DC5 in NI. Wouldn't do it myself as that blue one has been up for sale a few times