LSD Oil

logik

Advanced Member
As the title states. How often do you guys get the LSD serviced?

Every 30k enough?

LeeH

Advanced Member
I just swapped mine out with AMSOIL but I don't intend to do it again for a couple of years TBH.

logik

Advanced Member
Gunn79 said:
I change mine whenever I change the engine oil.
Really?? That often? My car only has 29000 miles on it. I was told that you dont need to touch the LSD oil until about 35k?

Changing the LSD oil every engine oil change would only be if you are really driving the car hard. You do alot of track days or something?

Gunn79

Advanced Member
logik said:
Gunn79 said:
I change mine whenever I change the engine oil.
Really?? That often? My car only has 29000 miles on it. I was told that you dont need to touch the LSD oil until about 35k?

Changing the LSD oil every engine oil change would only be if you are really driving the car hard. You do alot of track days or something?
Nope - I should have mentioned I have an aftermarket plate 1.5 LSD :oops:

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I might be having a blonde moment here, but isn't the LSD in the gearbox hence the gearbox oil is the LSD oil?

logik

Advanced Member
Thanks guys, gearing up for a big service soon and want to get as much done as possible.

So far i am going with:

Oil Filter
Redline 5w 30 or 10w 40 Engine Oil
Gearbox/LSD Oil changed with Redline MTL

Was going to get a new Air Filter but the bloody things are the same price as an AEM or Apexi Induction Kit. Was quoted €150+VAT for the Spoon Air Filter.

Don't need new spark plug yet as the car is only at 29000 miles.

Cheers

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
OEM gerbox oil is fine. I often read horror stories about people trying other stuff and don't like it.

moggs

Advanced Member
I had the gearbox oil changed last service and it made the change alot smoother.

logik

Advanced Member
moggs said:
I had the gearbox oil changed last service and it made the change alot smoother.
Aye mate, the main reason i am getting it done is for the gear changing when cold. Car is used during the week for short trips so its not getting a chance to warm up properly. But it needs to be done anyway as its been awhile since it was last changed.

trippy

MilanoChris said:
OEM gerbox oil is fine. I often read horror stories about people trying other stuff and don't like it.
I'm about to change my gearoil as well I will be using Redline MT90+Redline LSD Addative..

I can get some Honda MTF fluid locally, but I do not want to mix the Redline LSD addative with the Honda MTF.. or should I just put in the Honda MTF and forget the lsd addative?

When you guys are changing your gear oil you only put in the MTF?

acepty

Advanced Member
I used 2 bottles of genuine Honda MTF II (green label one), and the shifting felt so much better after that.

I would recommend you to change the spark plugs too as in my case
it made a tremendous improvement of almost 20hp!! :shock:
I now it sounds crazy But I have a dyno run to prove.

My car had around 18k on the ODO when it came from Japan and when I took out the plugs they had a little rust, perhaps mine was parked a lot of time, don't know.
I also changed the filter with a K&N drop in, so that might helped a bit in the crazy jump in horse power figures I got.

It landed 162whp exactly as it came from Japan and after the maintenance (like a week or two later) the HP figures jumped to 181whp
these runs where made in the same dynojet of course since they were made on diferent days, air temp, humidity and such were diferent but you get the point.

trippy

Great I'll use the Honda MTF II.
I just wanted to confirm that I don't have to add an addtional OIL for the LSD.

The Honda MTF II will do the job by itself.

logik

Advanced Member
I really think it was the new drop in filter that made the difference of 20 HP mate. 161 at the wheels is actually very low for a DC5.

If you think about it, they are quoted as 220 BHP at the fly. Now we know that no car makes 220 at the fly but they will make between 214-218 at the fly which is between 188 - 190 WHP.

Your saying that your car made 161 WHP which would only put your car at about 182 - 184 HP at the fly which is low tbh.

Spark plugs would not give a 20 HP boost.

acepty

Advanced Member
I agree with you, I don't think the plugs alone will boost hp figures in a normal or lets say well maintained car.
I think it was the hole service (named:engine oil, drop in filter, and sparkplugs) that help restore stock hp figures in my car that perhaps was lost due to lack of use/maintenance not sure.

mine were kind of rust in the tip when I got them out and my car was only 18k, he's car has 29k hence my advise to him, to change the plugs in his car just in case...

lucky I got a chance to dyno my car stock and then after the service to see the difference as you can see on the dyno sheet on previous pages of this topic

logik

Advanced Member
Yeah i know what you mean. I will most likely change the plugs myself at about 32-35k.

Car is running well at the moment.