Lug / wheel nuts

vtecpang

Advanced Member
I'm considering purchasing a new set of alloy lug/wheel nuts for my volk alloys as the ones I currently have could do with replacing

A quick search on the net I find price difference are worlds apart dependant on brands or quality of the alloy. At the end of the day its form fit and function right? Or is it down to the old saying 'you pay for what you get '

I'd prefer a set of Rays wheel nuts to compliment the alloys but Is there any difference to the other brands already out there like D1 specs or A.N.other name? Any recommendations ??

Is anyone using alloy nuts currently and what brands are you using?

Cheers

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
I've got D1's and find them great. I have them on OEM wheels so had to get collar converters, but they work exactly as they should. They haven't come loose at all, I haven't had any issues with them cross threading or stripping etc.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
The main difference to cheap and expensive wheel nuts is how the finish is going to stand up to the test of time.

Cheap colored ones will chip and scratch easily, whereas I've seen year + old Rays wheel nuts which still looked nearly as new.

The D1Spec wheel nuts are alloy, and you have to be very careful of over tightening these as they will snap/thread very easily (allegedly). It is also not recommended to use alloy wheel nuts on track due to thermal issues.

Steel ones are generally preferred for strength and track use, Muteki get a good review all round and are sensibly priced.

If you don't grudge the price of Rays though, go for those.

vtecpang

Advanced Member
Cheers fellas for the replies ;)
Cheers for the link also re spirit ;). I may well be knocking on your door soon

I had hoped for more feedback as there must be more than three people with after market lug nuts :/
Any more??

Apple

Advanced Member
I got some muteka neo chrome open nuts. They started to rust inside the middle of the nuts where it's kinda open.. But they do look good.. Did use to have black mugen nuts.. They were pretty solid.. But boring looking.