Mégane Renaultsport 230 Renault F1 Team R26

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
Now features a Limited Slip Differential plus the uprated Cup Chassis. A genuine competitor to the DC5? What you guys think?

dan the man

Advanced Member
Well not entirely sure but this months EVO magazine places it VERY highly indeed in the anuual car of the year competition.

Finally they got it right but bit too late really as its been out for ages.

cwoodsie2

Having driven my mates 225 Cup it is a very good car and grips like nothing else with the fat tyres. Only thing is the steering felt a bit vague and the gearbox was truly awful and was enough to put me off the car completely. Dunno if any changes have been made for this new version

sh33n

Advanced Member
The driving position isn't great, but not the end of the world.

I was considering a 225 Cup before the DC5, brand new, 14k, cannot complain at that really!

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
Ive heard that EVO Magazine are "recieving bungs" from Renault as they always give them the best reviews... :?

matt b

Advanced Member
ITR BOY said:
Ive heard that EVO Magazine are "recieving bungs" from Renault as they always give them the best reviews... :?
Only said by people who cant accept that the clio 182 cup might be a faster track car than a CTR :lol:

sh33n

Advanced Member
matt b said:
ITR BOY said:
Only said by people who cant accept that the clio 182 cup might be a faster track car than a CTR :lol:
I'd put money on a 172 Cup beating a CTR around a track any day of the week!!

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
My main issues with the Megane 225 are the shocking build quality, the frankly dodgy looking back end, and the fact that a 2 litre turbo should be quicker than that...

I looked at some when I bought the DC5, and was appalled at the scruffiness of the interior after only a few months, they just don't seem to wear that well.

carfiend

Advanced Member
You seem to be forgetting that rattles are factory fit in French cars and were limited to them until recently when PSA built that 107/C1/Augo thing with Toyota