M.O.T Failure - Parts needed

Dazmartin

Just picked the teg up from it's MOT and it's failed.
The EML light has been on for 3 years and I know it's the Pre-Cat sensor, it has passed previous MOT's with this however the emissions are now to high.

Anyone know a good place to get a pre-cat sensor (anyone got a working pre-owned ?) and rear pads ? Is Dave at Steels Honda the best ? I need them within 10 days !

Any help appreciated.

Darren

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Pretty sure Tegiwa sell brand new genuine Honda O2 sensors and rear pads are the same as an EP3 so can get them from any motor factors.

G Man

Advanced Member
I've got a sensor but it's not Honda OEM. PM me for more details.

Its new btw.

Dazmartin

cheers guys, PM sent etc. I have now just found a fornicaten oil leak from the new oil filter !! FFS ! are there garages you can trust ! Well urineed off..

T

Tegiwa Imports

We have the sensor and ferodo ds2500 brake pads

Thanks

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Yeh think so but just put an ep3 reg in the search ( get reg from eBay/Autotrader)

chrex

Advanced Member
where abouts are you? Give VTEC Direct a shout - they should be able to sort the parts for you quickly :)

dave7368

Advanced Member
...not really. they've always been awesome with the prices for me...
seriously!?
from personal experience i have just this week ordered two items, not important what it is, for £174 each delivered, taxes an all in price,(ordered and expected delivery 3~4 weeks) the same items from vtec direct were £288 each!!!! i'm still waiting to hear from vtec direct if their price includes taxes, bringing them to my house in a limosine on a velvet cushion and fitted by F1 mechanics...lol

chrex

Advanced Member
Aye, depends on the quality of the items too though. Andy doesnt sell rubbish - he only sells good parts because then he only has to sell them once and people are happy. Good parts normally cost more. Ok, that price difference you mentioned is pretty steep, but did you ask who makes the part and quote the other price to them? I've only ever had superb service and on looking about - he's normally cheaper, if not very close.

Dazmartin

Cheers guys, it's going back in this afternoon, new brake pads and sensor getting fitted and re-tested.
After fitting the new sensor will the ECU need re-setting ? Also will having the CAT hot help ?
Cheers.