M2 Racing B-Pipe

donzooo

Advanced Member
It's certainly a good price and definitely an option for me as I have a spoon N1 backbox lying around, other choice was to get the RM01A and hopefully the backboxes can be interchangable for track days etc.

donzooo

Advanced Member
Called up today and apparently the only difference is that it's manufactured in Asia whilst supersprint stuff is manufactured in Italy. Been told there is not really any difference in quality but will need to be slightly modified to fit our jdm cats (holes elongated)

hondaft

Advanced Member
Cheers mate, could be the next purchase when I get paid :p yeh I thought that since its for the EP3 but shouldn't be too bad :)

Kellsled

Advanced Member
I know it's not the same but I had the m2 racing backbox on my ep3 and the quality was very good for the price, a lot better quality than the sportex unsilenced b-pipe I had it mated upto

Mark_teg

Staff member
Kellsled said:
I no it's not the same but I had the m2 racing backbox on my ep3 and the quality was very good for the price, a lot better quality than the sportex unsilenced b-pipe I had it mated upto
**know ;)

donzooo

Advanced Member
Bit the bullet and bought one, if all goes well expect a Mugen Twinloop for sale soon :)

donzooo

Advanced Member
Thought I'd update on this.

Holes needed a small bit of elongation as stated, this was done with a drill and burr quite easily. Fitment was no problem at all and has decent ground clearance. Mated to my spoon N1 box perfectly and no issues with blowing etc.

Performance wise it's a 60mm pipe, only a dyno result will truly tell I guess. Only thing I noticed was a tiny bottleneck before the back box (much like the Spoon mid pipe)

Sound... With standard manifold and spoon N1 box it is quite boomy inside, but the spoon N1 from what I read is like this anyway. There is a lovely rasp higher up the revs and changing gears at around 5000RPM.

VTEC comes to life, a very addictive noise. So I would say it's worth the money for a decently made mid pipe. Welds are sound and looks great.

hondaft

Advanced Member
Thanks for the update mate, will hopefully be purchasing one soon :) if you could get the chance to upload a wee video of the sounds with some revs that would be great :p

donzooo

Advanced Member
hondaft said:
Thanks for the update mate, will hopefully be purchasing one soon :) if you could get the chance to upload a wee video of the sounds with some revs that would be great :p
No worries, I'll get the mrs to film a wee fly-by video at some point and upload it.