Machine Polishing... Couple of pics :)

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Can't take any credit for this but now I have to buy a machine polisher after seeing what can be done...

It must give you chaps that do it great satisfaction when you stand back and look at your efforts....

Brophy

Advanced Member
Wow second picture is so deep and luscious lol :p
I'm into my detailing done everything clay etc but need to get a DA polisher next :)

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Yeah same, do claying, waxing, scrubbing, the lot but really need to get in to doing this, really want the dodo juice one.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Thanks Mark, pretty sure I spotted yours however there was that many CW's I got a little disorientated ha.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Blue or NHB look absolutely awesome when DA's etc., white doesn't look much different :xaiweb4:

dave7368

Advanced Member
Nice photos, great things can be achieved with machine polishing..

Woppy said:
however there was that many CW's I got a little disorientated ha.
by the way, i think this is called snow blindness hehe.... :xgrin:

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I tried to do mine a week ago but don't think I went with a deep enough cut.
The DAS6 Pro from cleanyourcar.co.uk is very good though

Mike_DC5

Advanced Member
Honda paint is soft so make sure you start light..I have had great results before using just a finishing pad and compound, it was a rotary however....as for white not looking different, I don't agree! Massive difference if done properly and protected! I wouldn't make a habit of always going for the DA though as you are removing microns of paint, once corrected, try and keep it nice instead.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Mike_DC5 said:
Honda paint is soft so make sure you start light..I have had great results before using just a finishing pad and compound, it was a rotary however....as for white not looking different, I don't agree! Massive difference if done properly and protected! I wouldn't make a habit of always going for the DA though as you are removing microns of paint, once corrected, try and keep it nice instead.
Good advice Mike, thanks. I do keep on top waxing and sealing, I will even more so now this has been done.

I agree with you as well about the white, someone on here did it and it looked stunning after.

Ps thanks for the other comments guys (and girl)

Paul J Smith

Great result, just remember to use safe cleaning techniques and the paint should stay that way for a long time.

Honda paint is very soft and I've never had to use anything more than a soft polishing pad ( 3M Blue Waffle pad or White Hex-logic).

I have a deep sapphire blue FN2 to do this weekend . . . a 2 day job :xaiweb6:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Paul J Smith said:
Great result, just remember to use safe cleaning techniques and the paint should stay that way for a long time.
This^^

I machined mine last year, haven't had to do it since, it's a case of regular washing and using the right tools for the job, wash mitts etc.

Love this car as well Woppy, looks GREAT!

chrex

Advanced Member
I've got a CW DC5, and i can tell you that there is a huge difference to be had. I've recently bought a rotary and done a few cars with it, but i definitely noticed a difference on mine, and once i finished it off with a glaze, and sealant - i was amazed!!

Defo recommend getting a rotary over a DA - as the DA takes alot more time/product to get the same results.