Machined the 5 today :)

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Finally had some nice weather so decided to crack on with my own Christmas present the Megs G220v2

Last night i washed the car in anticipation of some nice weather today and i was not let down.

First i started off by polishing the car which brought quite a lot of dirt out of the paint.

I then followed this up by Claying the car. for anyone that has never done this before, it really is so simple to do and doesn't take that long at all - the paint feels like glass after going over the panels.

My car was already very clean but i am amazed by how much dirt the clay lifted off!
(the bar was folded numerous times and every time it was as dirty as the pic below)

After the Claying and a fight with a huge gazebo (i lost and had wait for the house to shade the car again)

I cracked on with the machine polisher and some Ultimate Compound.

Was slightly concerned by the vibration (thinking something was up) but after 5 minutes i figured out how to use it and it was much easier.

Swirls were removed so easily - also to note at first i was skimping on the amount of ultimate compound as i wasn't sure how much i needed but abit of trial and error i soon realised i needed to use abit more to keep it nice and moist while i machined over the panels.

Followed this by waxing using the G220v2 and a buffing pad and finally wiped clean with a soft cloth.

White is a difficult colour to show on camera how clean it is. i will try and get some more pictures when the light is right and there are more shadows and reflections.

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Great job mate :xgrin:

You will get used to using the buffer very quickly

Its the only way to get rid of swirls and other little marks

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
It looks GREAT mate! Top job! The difference is more noticeable on white than any other colour really, because oxidisation turns the white more cream.

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Great job mate, white is a hard colour to see the reflections i must admit, definately need the right light!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Best for white is in the shade on a sunny day... makes it look almost as clean as a blue one.... lol

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
That actually looks like Championship White instead of well...Magnolia! Great job BTW looks ACE well done xthumbup