Major service requirements ?

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
As the car is getting closer to 30k now I was wondering other than oil & filter change what should be done on a major service?

Thanks

Andy

jonster

Advanced Member
I would say it would be a good time to change the gearbox oil as well. Doesn't cost much. Change the drain plug to a magnetic one for peace of mind (as well as for the sump too).

User

Advanced Member
I'd have the cam belt (or is it a chain) inspected and also change the gearbox oil personally.

Brake and fuel lines should be inspected. Check on the coolant and other fluids too.

Maybe air filter & plugs.

Plus the usual service stuff - check suspension mounts/bushes & exhaust, lubricate stuff that needs lubricating.

truffs

User said:
I'd have the cam belt (or is it a chain) inspected and also change the gearbox oil personally.

Brake and fuel lines should be inspected. Check on the coolant and other fluids too.

Maybe air filter & plugs.

Plus the usual service stuff - check suspension mounts/bushes & exhaust, lubricate stuff that needs lubricating.
Thats one majour plue point about this engine is no cam belt change as it has a belt that should save near on £500 :lol:

katsumoto

hey sik boy,
i've got 55k on the clock so had the same prob. My car's over 3 yrs old so i managed to get the fixed price servicing at my dealers. £299 for their 'top' level 4 service, which changes all the filters.
A word of warning- try to find one which deals with imports if poss (i found not all dealers are the same) + make sure u discount any of the parts u want to use. :wink: