Manual Transmission Fluid

Coupe Rob

Advanced Member
Looking at replacing the transmission fluid on the car as it seems to crunch a bit between 1st and 2nd, and was wondering what you might recommend.

I was initially looking at getting
Fuchs TITAN SINTOFLUID SAE 75W-80

but then found this as maybe a cheaper alternative. Whilst it is MTF II, i am not sure if it is the right grade for our gear boxes. Unable to find a definite answer using the search functions
Unipart MTF

Rob

cpoh

Advanced Member
Just get dome Honda MTF III from your local dealer its only around €8. I change mine every second service as its so cheap and never had any crunches.

mikegsi

Staff member
stick with Honda's own mate, there has been reports of issues with non honda fluid

Stoo

Whining.....
I will Echo the Honda OEM stuff.
Prefect for the transmisson. What it was designed for.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
for road cars then oem oil is about the best, if you are racing then redline or castrol both do some great competition oil. BUT it is likely that when cold the car wont shift well.

jason100

Amsoil is awesome stuff, got it in mine at the moment and i find its a lot nicer than MTF 3, its so smooth.

I found MTF 3 to be a bit thick on cold starts, as in the gear changes we're a bit stiff and notchy, but it was fine once it warmed up.

Vindots

Advanced Member
http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/images/mtf_qt_900.jpg

is this the one that you guys are using?

Vindots

Advanced Member
I use Honda MTF , but yeah, the gear shifting at cold, is not that smooth.. its pretty rough.. needs time to warm up and become smooth

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I'm doing this next weekend. Got some Honda MTFIII (2 bottles). Just need a 17mm socket for the fill plug which should be delivered this week.

I've had a look at the transmission but how the hell do you get in there? It doesn't look like there's enough space in there. I wasn't expecting the plugs to be facing the brake discs either, I thought they were going to be facing inwards giving room to get under the car and gain access.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
There's enough space to reach it underneath the car, I did mine while it was on a car trailer. Just fill it up until it starts to drip out of the hole :p

rascal69

Advanced Member
Redline stuff sounds nice.
Want to keep my carbon lined syncos etc at there best. Will order this.
Even though I have done about 800 miles since my last change lols