Many running their dc5 as a daily?

loud945

agreed, I use mine for most things, however I use my girlfriends car for tip runs, and for going to Stevenage, I don't think the alarm is good enough for Stevenage..

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Didn't buy mine not to drive it. Shop runs, school runs, odd commute and b road blasts. Then track days whenever possible.

That's the whole point of the car for me, I can use it as a normal everyday motor, with minimal maintenance, turn up at a track without much prep, give it hell all day, pop to tesco on the way home.

I've done over 500,000 miles in many type R cars over the last 15 years, all used the same way, all been looked after the same way, and non have ever had any issues (over and above normal age related stuff).

Drive it. Don't look at it.

👍 spot on

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Another daily driven teg here!
35 mile round trip to work and back each day...although we do tend to use my parts Audi on the weekends / going out.
Apart from general maintenance, it's been faultless! ...Touch wood!

Ross

Kellsled

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Didn't buy mine not to drive it. Shop runs, school runs, odd commute and b road blasts. Then track days whenever possible.

That's the whole point of the car for me, I can use it as a normal everyday motor, with minimal maintenance, turn up at a track without much prep, give it hell all day, pop to tesco on the way home.

I've done over 500,000 miles in many type R cars over the last 15 years, all used the same way, all been looked after the same way, and non have ever had any issues (over and above normal age related stuff).

Drive it. Don't look at it.

Each to their own, I'll drive mine over the summer but in the salt and shit weather it'll be in a heated garage with its cover :)
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Vtequila

Dutchy
Yep mine is a daily one, driving around 6-7k miles a year but able to get on the bike to work =]

Matt-DC5

Advanced Member
Another one for the daily crew. Car is bang on, seats are comfy and with an aftermarket radio its a nice place to be. I do 350ish miles a week but this year would like to get a cheaper daily as I have very little appreciation for the car at the moment. Like mentioned before, don't appreciate the power as its the only car I drive, and constantly thinking something has gone wrong when you hear a new noise... With the miles I do at the moment, a banger would probably save a few quid as well.

Sonny1

Advanced Member
Mine was my daily for 5 years until I got the money up to buy a Fiesta st as my daily. Now it just gets used as my weekend and cruising about car. Still love it

Darren4

Advanced Member
I can understand if this was an evo ect with high running costs and the big bills when something goes wrong.. but like everyone has said the main point is that the dc5 does most things well. Pointless having it and not driving it tbh

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Darren4 said:
I can understand if this was an evo ect with high running costs and the big bills when something goes wrong.. but like everyone has said the main point is that the dc5 does most things well. Pointless having it and not driving it tbh
Horses for courses mate. Fully appreciate what your saying but its different for everyone with where they live etc. Daily driving mine on my typical work commute isnt enjoyable one bit, but I went out yesterday for a hoon with my pals and realised why I like the car so much.

I personally don't get any pleasure out of driving my Teg through traffic on the commute (due to the location of my work).

I much prefer using it at weekends where I can still use the car but use it in much more familiar surroundings to what it was built for.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
All depends on how far the car is modified as I was alluding to before. Fingers crossed my new job will be two miles from home so I need a car for shop runs, tip runs, weekends away etc. I am not doing that in a DC5 with plated diff and potentially polubushed. So I'll probably buy a second or an FN2 to do those things and keep the Teg for weekend blast/track only.

But those that buy these to look at an polish, do me a favour.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
All depends on how far the car is modified as I was alluding to before. Fingers crossed my new job will be two miles from home so I need a car for shop runs, tip runs, weekends away etc. I am not doing that in a DC5 with plated diff and potentially polubushed. So I'll probably buy a second or an FN2 to do those things and keep the Teg for weekend blast/track only.

But those that buy these to look at an polish, do me a favour.
Walk? ;)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Ha, it's closer to 2.5 miles but anyway it's free CV so I don't have to do CV in the gym after weights, so I save time there. I really should just get a Jazz as a runaround but I quite like FN2's and I can still have some fun if needed.

Job is potential anyway, current one is a 150 mile round trip, so no, I don't use mine daily for that!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Ha, it's closer to 2.5 miles but anyway it's free CV so I don't have to do CV in the gym after weights, so I save time there. I really should just get a Jazz as a runaround but I quite like FN2's and I can still have some fun if needed.

Job is potential anyway, current one is a 150 mile round trip, so no, I don't use mine daily for that!
Yeah thats fair enough. Walking or cycling is currently out the question by a long shot 😂😂😂

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
At the end of the day, if people don't want to use it daily its up to them. It can do It well, but those that choose not too can't be slated for it :)

Some may have bought it just to look at and polish, :) mines turned into that over winter, what with doing a house up in my spare time using the daily has been a godsend, and the Teg became an garage queen over Christmas up until this weekend. Its a great way to clear my mind washing and detailing a car, really helps me focus.

To some people, it may not have a Ferrari or Lambo status....."its just a Honda" blah blah blah, but some people have really craved over them because at some point, (like me) it was a car we dreamt about owning, and if they want one to appreciate, then so be it.

I fully get that cars are meant to be driven, I loved driving mine for 4-5 years as a daily, but as life changes rather than get rid I got another run around which has been a life saver. And its allowed me to save money without even realising. (although the Teg didn't really have high running costs) to me at the moment its saved me a lot of spare cash. Heck, the day I picked up the beater, someone reversed into me in a multi story carpark,.. their bumper fell off, my trusty corolla got a small dink near the headlight. (there's was French haha) .. I thought to myself, that would have been new headlights, new bumper and front wing with the shape the Teg is on a corner. Now, granted that could have happened at anytime in any car, but I was so so grateful it wasn't the Teg.

I have used mine as a tip runner, a van for some period of time, picking up large items for people, taxi, used it for my girlfriends dance school as a mobile wardrobe etc, its been covered top to bottom in utter crap!
Now its all clean, bits have been repaired and maintained that have needed it, the pleasure has come back for me using it as a "nice car" again the worry has gone and its one less stress I have to worry about, I can just enjoy it as and when I please. :)

Everybody is different, circumstances change, and I think if I was to go back to using it daily now I would probably consider selling, its bizarre to think that my thought process has changed and I never though I would ever think like that, people will probably tut at me for saying so, however that's just it for me. :) it serves its purpose to me very well indeed, I love looking at it, I love driving it, I love cleaning it, (and I now love knowing that it will still be clean weeks later when I go to drive it haha) but when its salty and crappy, and the M5 constantly having accidents, roadwork's and potholes, private jobs that need doing or mums in carparks that use the car next to them as a door stop its all safe at home and I don't have to worry anymore. Ready and waiting to let off some steam and go for a drive be it local or aboard on a road trip.

so...OP, the choice is entirely up to you. use it daily, or don't. either way they are really special cars and you will enjoy it no matter.

Indi

Advanced Member
I hardly use my DC5 because it's special to me. I'd hate to daily it and having a daily fear of it getting dings etc in car parks by inconsiderate people. Plus every time I get in it, it feels very special. I remember when I used my first DC5 as a daily for the first few months I was starting to get bored of the car but since having only using them on a rare occasion that hasn't happened.

Also its not all that bad for me as my daily is an EP3 with bolt on mods (247bhp) so I can have fun in a car on a daily basis :)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Ha, that's my plan Indi, although I am favouring the FN2 as it's got a few more toys. And man, have you seen the EP3 market? Some proper dogs - FN2s just seem to be better looked after.