Mapped with no modifications?

CL1_EuroR

Good Evening,

Anyone here have their DC5 mapped to Irish 95 Ron or UK 97/8/9 Ron without any modifications?

Either Kpro or K100? What was the result like?
I can feel that my 2005 DC5 is suffering because of the 95Ron here. Hard to explain, but she deserves better :)
(No I dont want to add any other aftermarket parts)
If I dont sell mine (really want a black 2006 DC5!) I may go down this route.

Cheers.

James-T

Advanced Member
It's been done and does actually make pretty good results.

I'm remapped with just a short ram air filter and here's my results -

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I mapped mine with catback and AEM V2 and ran great with significant increase in mpg

Main reason I did it was to make sure the Link ECUS would run the DC5 steadily before building the beast she is today ;)

Gordon

Chewy

Advanced Member
Mines running a K100, She made 230BHP with just a Tegiwa intake and mapped for Shell V-power fuel.

The mid-range was the biggest difference though, 30bhp increase and really transformed the way it drives.

MrRy

Advanced Member
I would remap a bog standard DC5 as it is the best modification you can do. Nothing else come close.

I have a Spoon Mid pipe and Top Fuel open air induction kit and I'll be going for a remap @ RDT in Harworth in the next month or so. If mine was stock I probably wouldn't do anything before going for the remap.

Just make sure you service it before the remap, new plugs, oil, coolant, etc. and make sure everything is tip top, your cooling system works, etc. Having it mapped to 95 ron may slightly reduce peak power but you should get gains everywhere else and most importantly it will run safely (depending on how good the mapper is).

CL1_EuroR

Thanks for the feed back lads, cant beat real experience on the subject.
It sounds positive cheers.

MrRy, yes I agree, I have had cars mapped previously, and always do a major service about a week before mapping. It makes sense to have everything in good order to get the benefits from the session.

Cheers!

CL1_EuroR

shane_blueteg said:
As far as I know topaz and maxol petrol is 99ron in ireland
I know of guys into rallying here, and they have had samples sent to labs in the past for analysis and they came back as in or around 95 for a selection of brands. I know Maxol had/has 5% Bioethanol added to the fuel. I had my Euro R mapped for it. Huge difference before and after mapping on a dyna pack.

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
Ive never had any issue with the fuel here. Have had cl7r, dc5 and now fd2. I know my fd2 had a dyno run and it did 228 on standard irish fuel with no mapping. I only ever use topaz fuel

CL1_EuroR

Its hard to describe, I am not taking about peak power, but in al the B18C, H22 and the K20a that I have owned before mapping, I felt/feel the engine 'hesitating' (for want for a better word!)/ it felt like it was blunt. After mapping it felt sharp/crisp and even sounded more aggressive if that makes sense?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
a k100 will make a decent difference on a stock car, especially midrange, you will also get better mpg too

cjh1981

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
a k100 will make a decent difference on a stock car, especially midrange, you will also get better mpg too
How much on average would you expect to see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrRy

Advanced Member
Its the fine fuel tuning and extra torque that should give you better economy. My old boosted dc2 was so much better than N/A even. But it really comes down to the quality of tune - I.e. how much time is spent on it, from experience of using a few tuners. I wouldn't count on it though, i just see it as a positive by-product of having your car running perfectly on the correct Ron/mods.