Mapping?

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
whats the best way to get my DC5 mapped?

how much are k pros etc? and does anyone in the country to do a package, supply fit and mapped and so on?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
There's a guy in Ireland called Aeonghus, he's over on EK9.org forum name VTEC6000, he's supposed to be brilliant at mapping. Mainly uses Neptune but can also do KPRO so I believe.

Look as well at an American guy called Mase, he's in the UK from time to time and has done various members cars.

Romain at Europsec too, again supposed to be very very good.

HTH

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
was it the option ??

ive order a race header and de cat pipe + fitting a tegiwa intake, so looking to get it mapped after that.

jasondc55

Advanced Member
Hi Mate if you are spending that much you might as well go the whole hog and buy a RBC manifold also to further improve torque and power K100 are a cheaper option with a non user tune able ecu and the K pro come with a usb connector added to your oem ecu so you can tweek yourself(although I wouldnt recommend messing with mapping leave it to the experts) on the plus side you can clear minor faults. There is plenty more info on ecus ect in this forum.

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
jasondc55 said:
Hi Mate if you are spending that much you might as well go the whole hog and buy a RBC manifold also to further improve torque and power K100 are a cheaper option with a non user tune able ecu and the K pro come with a usb connector added to your oem ecu so you can tweek yourself(although I wouldnt recommend messing with mapping leave it to the experts) on the plus side you can clear minor faults. There is plenty more info on ecus ect in this forum.
yeah i dont wanna go messing with it, rather get all the mods done and let someone who knows what their talking about do it.

how much are the rbc inlet, do you need bigger throttle bodies etc ??

jcdc5

Advanced Member
where about are you based?

Fl performance (South east London) are very good at mapping, i think they charge roughly £610 for k100 supplied,fitted and mapped.

they recently mapped my car and it feels so much better then eurospec map.
im making around 330 bhp at 10.1 PSI on my jrsc set u

FL Performance : 07544478256

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
jcdc5 said:
where about are you based?

Fl performance (South east London) are very good at mapping, i think they charge roughly £610 for k100 supplied,fitted and mapped.

they recently mapped my car and it feels so much better then eurospec map.
im making around 330 bhp at 10.1 PSI on my jrsc set u

FL Performance : 07544478256
I'm in south wales so i know there nothing around here i will have to travel which i don't mind.

My mate doing a k swap in his DC2 so he wants a k pro put onto his teg, so we gonna arrange a day for the two tegs to be done :xgrin:

He said he spoken to some company in london who does it for around £700+vat so £610 is a good price

beppe786

Beppe
who the best mapper?? i think every tuner has there own idea of what way a car should be tuned..

two same cars mapped at difference places will drive different, depends who puts more time in and gets to the limit and safe..

someone who has more experience in the k engine would be better

any self mappers on here?

Mark_teg

Staff member
Beppe - one of our kpro experts no longer uses the site unfortunately..

Jones - GotBoost in Llandow have experience with the K20 and Kpro, though they don't deal Hondata so you'd have to sort the ECU yourself.

I'm not sure how their experience compares to the likes of Eurospec and TDI North though. If I were to be in your position and willing to travel, Eurospec would be my choice. But I'm sure GotBoost know what they are doing..

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
Yeah i know of craig in got boost been up there a couple of times he mapped my mates civic, polo, s14 the lot. and would be alot easier traveling only up the road for me instead of london way lol

how much are the K Pro just to buy then with no mapping etc ?

friend with the DC2 was on about going to TDI north.

Mark_teg

Staff member
I couldn't find a price on the TDI north website, but here's what CPL racing charge.. You'd be without an ECU for a few days though..

http://www.cplracing.co.uk/products.php?productid=25

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
go to Tdi North,
might be slightly further to travel and end up costing slightly more due to the distance BUT they work on k series engines every day and have done for years, they will give you the best and most reliable map for your money, Kpro is not straightforward to map at all, multiple cam angles etc make it more than most tuners like, and because of that cut corners with part throttle mapping etc.

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info lads :xgrin:

waiting for my pal to get the k swap down and we're gonna head up to Tdi North i think. Anyone got a rough cost from Tdi North ?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
While we're on the subject of mapping, can anyone tell me the difference between KPRO and K100 both in terms of cost and also what they offer. When I had my EK9 I was chatting with Daz from DNR/Endless Horizon and he said the first thing to get would be a KPRO as even with no mods you will still get a slight power increase and improved economy.

Would it be the same with the K100? Is the K100 worth getting if you have minor engine modifications such as an exhaust and intake or would a K100 be suffice?

Benneh

Advanced Member
My understanding is that the KPRO is fully programmable, whereas the K100 is something that can only be altered by an authorised Hondata reseller/programmer? Happy to be proven wrong though!

integraleo

Advanced Member
In regards to tuning they are identical,it's best to get all the engine mods you want then get it tuned. Unless you plan on playing with the map yourself k100 is the option I went with.kpro basically means you can plug a laptop in and adjust things yourself. Great feature but above and beyond what I needed. I don't even own a laptop lol.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers Integraleo, wasn't too sure what the differences were between both so wanted to get an idea of how they work so thank you.