Mase who?

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
Who is Mase? Where can we find him and is there an M signal we put in the sky to tell the KPRO crusader that he is needed?

I've seen that he's done a few maps for folk but no nothing about how to get him and how much it costs. Anyone any background or reference to his work??

Scotty

coolerking

Advanced Member
he's from the states, don't think he is over too often though mate, I would take it down to TDI north if i was you and looking for a map.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
He comes over 1-2 times a year, typically at the beginning or end of the year, organised through a chap on TRO.

Everyone goes on about how much power he manages to pull out (which is impressive), but for me it's all about his part throttle mapping which is second to none IMO.

beppe786

Beppe
blueguy said:
He comes over 1-2 times a year, typically at the beginning or end of the year, organised through a chap on TRO.

Everyone goes on about how much power he manages to pull out (which is impressive), but for me it's all about his part throttle mapping which is second to none IMO.
Whos good for part throttle tuning?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I personally would take reviews on Eurospec with a pinch of caution, yes they have done very good work and the majority of the time they do a good map, even TGM rates them highly and i beleive they get their race cars mapped there but they can sometimes be hit and miss. No offence to Romain and i was happy with the map he did for me, although just a little dissapointed with the peak output. Then Mase mapped my car about 6 months after Eurospec and got another 10bhp out of it but before he did he found the AF ratio way too high causing the engine to knock, of course he sorted all of that and did my part throttle mapping too and the map was smoother too resulting in better power delivery. He also set my vtec crossover to 3.5k instead of 4.5k which you might think is silly but because he does the part throttle mapping so well, you only get the vtec crossover at 3.5k if you go over 50% throttle.

beppe786

Beppe
there's Endless Horizon Motorsport for remaps anyone used them are they any good?

Garage786 any one used them?

dotty

Advanced Member
I don't think mase will be over again for mapping sessions. It's not worth his while as he gets people dropping out at the last hour.

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
Had my DC2 done at Eurospec (both my dc2's actually) and Romain did a great job, no issues at all.

wayne_teggy

Advanced Member
dotty said:
I don't think mase will be over again for mapping sessions. It's not worth his while as he gets people dropping out at the last hour.
Stu, in that case I hope mase has my password for my kpro ! I'm pretty sure he locks his maps .

Finchy Type-R

Euro spec mapped my ep3 when I had it and romain mapped it. I don't think its all about the numbers because it made 230hp with gruppe m, spoon manifold, dc5 centre section and spoon n1 and k100. Me and me Travis had a race when his wasn't supercharged and his was ment to be 250hp if I remember correctly.. That was mapped at tdi. We where side by side to 145!

kazmo

Advanced Member
rollers will read different, I think its common knowledge that eurospec rollers always have read lower figures compared to others

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member

A stock EP3 makes ~190hp on that dyno dynamics, 230-235 with full bolt-ons and a tune.

A stock EP3 makes ~200 at TDI north, 240-245 with full bolt-ons and a tune.

Which one is faster?

cosmic_chi

but what about the mid range?

maxvr6 said:
I personally would take reviews on Eurospec with a pinch of caution, yes they have done very good work and the majority of the time they do a good map, even TGM rates them highly and i beleive they get their race cars mapped there but they can sometimes be hit and miss. No offence to Romain and i was happy with the map he did for me, although just a little dissapointed with the peak output. Then Mase mapped my car about 6 months after Eurospec and got another 10bhp out of it but before he did he found the AF ratio way too high causing the engine to knock, of course he sorted all of that and did my part throttle mapping too and the map was smoother too resulting in better power delivery. He also set my vtec crossover to 3.5k instead of 4.5k which you might think is silly but because he does the part throttle mapping so well, you only get the vtec crossover at 3.5k if you go over 50% throttle.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
cosmic_chi said:
but what about the mid range?
The map that Mase did for me did make improvements in the midrange on top of Romain's map but they were fairly minimal in comparison to the peak power improvements he made. Generally speaking though the midrange power and torque improvement is a revelation in comparison to the stock map. Bags more mid range power over standard, I don't really need to take it past 6k rpm most of the time to have some fun unless im out for a really spirited drive, makes daily driving an absolute pleasure.

Looking at the dyno readouts it looks like a 25hp gain at 4.6k rpm and a 50 hp gain at 6k rpm, further improved by Mase by 8hp and 4hp respectively, and another 8hp at the top end. In general the map is much smoother after Mase tweaked it. I'll put some pics of the dyno readouts up tomorrow when im at work.

You weren't too clear with your question so I hope that answers it :)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Romain's Map

Mase's Map

Incase anyone is wondering why it looks like I lost power after Mase's map I didn't, Mase uses some weird other mode for his mapping that shows wheel power but for whatever reason it shows really low figures.

dotty

Advanced Member
Steve (mase) mapped my car around two years ago, it's never let me down and it drives great.