Master cylinder

C2AXG

Advanced Member
What master cylinder are you guys using? Sticking with OEM with pressure plate?
My clutch pedal is developing a squeek which is rather annoying.
I've heard you can use the civic em1 master cylinder which doesn't have the pressure plate and produces a more direct feel?
I'm going to upgrade to a braided line whilst I'm at it. But just wondering what the norm is?
I had a bolt shear on the pressure plate of my ep3 years ago and dumped all the fluid 🙄 There a real pain in the arse!

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
C2AXG said:
What master cylinder are you guys using? Sticking with OEM with pressure plate?
My clutch pedal is developing a squeek which is rather annoying.
I've heard you can use the civic em1 master cylinder which doesn't have the pressure plate and produces a more direct feel?
I'm going to upgrade to a braided line whilst I'm at it. But just wondering what the norm is?
I had a bolt shear on the pressure plate of my ep3 years ago and dumped all the fluid 🙄 There a real pain in the arse!
My clutch squeezed like a pig after track day, then i remove the boot on the slave cylinder , clean up old grease n re do it, also put white lubricant to the master cylinder rod i see from pedal inside the car. Then the noise has gone.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

C2AXG

Advanced Member
I think it needs greasing where the ball meets the socket on the end of the slave cylinder which means removing the slave? That's where the pig sounds like it lives