Max potential of a stock engine

sydney

Advanced Member
What is a stock dc5 k20 capable off? Ive mine at 366hp bone stock, even my clutch was standard until i decided to change it not long ago. But i was thinking off maybe pushing it a bit further, has anyone went this far with there dc5 on stock internals before?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
:shock: further than 366hp thats insane must be a right animal.. Personally i wouldnt want to push more than 350hp on a stock setup but have seen alot more power on standard setups on the Civic Ep3s, but they have slightly lower compression ratios to the JDM K20 and have seen some running nos to keep the temps down.

Hats off to you though thats some impressive DC5 you have there B)

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Surely when you say stock you mean internals? To produce 366 you must be turbo charging right? That is scary power on stock internals eitherway. Just shows how well over engineered the K20 really is =D>

sydney

Advanced Member
Sorry stock internals i ment lol ah yes, turbo with a cheeky shot of nos aswell lmao well ive two printouts- 317bhp nos-366bhp / 327bhp nos- 356bhp, two different rolling roads. Would you believe me if i said the standard clutch wasnt even slipping with that power? Was maybe going to step the nos shot up as it feels slow to me now lol but im getting offered a fully built engine out of a ep3, bored all that crack for handy money but im a bit reluctent to go forged route at the minute. Just wondering if anyones ever went this far with a dc5 engine, as you say theres ep3 guys using stock engines around 400bhp but they are lower comp.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I think your pushing the boundaries and into unknown territory. You either up rate internals now or do it when something breaks. Do you really need more power anyway or are you just nervous she‘s going to give up any minute?

If you don‘t run with NOS then you'd probably be ok. What bar you spooling to?

sydney

Advanced Member
The car has been this way for a year and still is a trooper! Not one pick of bother have i had with it. I guess im bored now and want to see what it can do. Maybe not the best way to put it lol its making just under 10psi then a nos 50 shot. Basically a 9psi jrsc boost.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
366 with stock internals, my word! :shock: :lol:

More BHP though? I cant imagine it taking much more than that, as it is the engine life would have been shortened already.

If you can afford it though, go for it! But it will go bang eventually without upgrading it.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Holey Moley!! Any vids before she blows (kiddin) :green:

Crazy your on stock clutch too. Whats max torque? Would be nice to see dyno print off too :D

sydney

Advanced Member
I actually drive it like a granny ha ha no videos :( yous lads will jinx me ha ha i have a printout for 364bhp, have the 366bhp one in my car. Argue ovee the 1.5bhp if yois want ha ha

sydney

Advanced Member
At the start there i think he lifted off the throttle for a split2nd..

Heres it without nos

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
wow increasing torque all the way up to over 7k rpm. Turbo's are FTW!!!

Bet she pulls like a train lol

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Im hoping for 340bhp with a JRSC & a 9 psi pulley and a JMercado Aftercooler... wouldnt want to take it much more past that as heat would become a big issue on a already high compression engine.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Wow great power figure, my question is how well do you get on putting ll of those horses to the road? My mate has a 360bhp fn2 and it struggles a bit, it has an uprated diff and normal suspension type mods. Just wondered how well your dc5 gets on

sydney

Advanced Member
In the dry it grips just fine, sometimes high revs in 2nd itll struggle abit. It the wet its a different story, 4th gear turbo spooling then vtec engages then full boost, itl start to spin the tyres around 100mph when the power is really building. I can feel it fighting for grip. I dont drive it quick to be honest, its really a sunday car plus my girlfriend is afraid of it lol

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Cool sounds like a right handful, great work reaching that power figure sounds immense