maxols new 99ron fuel

lambo_conor

hi all just filled my car up with maxols new 99ron fuel called E5 you can only get it in the republic of ireland so i live about 15miles from the border so tryed it out. car was in the red for about 10miles so pretty much near empty when i got there. And bacause E5 is the same price as unleaded and the exchance rate from euro til ££ i got it for 88p a litre and filled the tank for, wait 4 it £37 so stick that up your pipe bp ultimate and your 108p :p . must say the car runs fantastic on it feels alot smoother and goes nicely through the gears

lambo_conor

nope none of these are in the uk pump but im sure it will not take long til it does. dont mind the 15mile drive even better when its only 88p a litre :p

jay82

Advanced Member
i'm from the north side of dublin and can't find any petrol station around my area with more than 95ron. :x

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
I've always fancied moving to Ireland... :D

88p a litre, that's an amazing price! As you say even with the 30 mile round trip, it's still well worth your while! xthumbup

lambo_conor

yea m8 check out your nearest maxol defo worth it. not sure if its the petrol or just the way im driving but i have gotton 195miles til my first half of the tank im going for the rare 400miles til full tank. wish me luck lol

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
I filled up on the E5 from the maxol on the Navan road.. got around 300km's out a tank as compared to Shell V-power where i would get 350km's under the same conditions.. didnt notice a lot of difference really as far as power was concerned..

gregb

Advanced Member
Sounds decent but i wonder would it have any side effects after prolonged usage as oppossed to more purer fuels?

Still last month i could get Shell Vpower 100 ron racing fuel for @ $1.35 or 0.58Gbp/0.81 Euro.

ally_mac

Advanced Member
I was speaking to my local mapper the other week and he mapped a Evo 6 to this fuel, he said it is good fuel but not any better than the 97RON you get in N. Ireland, although at 88p a litre I wouldnt be complaining