me again .... help :)

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
I've required about a dc5 I've seen on auto trader. I asked about the general condition of the car and about the history .. this was my reply ...

There are pictures of the seats on our dealer website - www.astondavenport.co.uk.

There are a few scuffs and some of the upholstery needing attention, but due to the age of the car, it's just age related wear and tear.

The car is currently owned by one of my company directors, although it doesn't have a fully stamped service book to confirm it has been serviced according the service schedule, I can confirm that it has been serviced at every service interval by our own mechanics at Kmotion Ltd, Telford.

The price of the vehicle reflects the sound system that was installed at a cost of over £5000.

Thoughts on that anyone? should lack of stamps put me off?

David Fox

Advanced Member
£5k for the sound system? Are you sure? It looks naff personally (the install in the boot).

Are you adamant you want a blue one?

Saying that it has been serviced at every interval and no evidence to show of it is not worth the paper it's written on in my opinion.

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
I would ask about the mileage as well, because he has quoted it has 93000km on the car but the dash has the Mph conversion sticker, so either its 93000 miles or 93000 km (which is 57787 Miles) big difference.

Ps Sound system is not the nicest looking :xaiweb6: , must weigh a fair bit. More weight less power

And saying its been serviced is completely different from having the service stamps and receipts

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Agree with all the above.

There generally appears to be a lack of paperwork and past knowledge of this car. If you know what a mechanically sound teg should feel like, then there's no harm in taking a look if it's not out of the way.

Ezza

Advanced Member
That car looks terrible and the sound system is even worse. Whats the point in having that sound system and losing your boot space completely. I have a sub and amp in my boot but i chose to have a 10inch sub so i still have the space. Also, they have the car listed down as 1.8.................?

I would avoid this.

Freya

Advanced Member
Hmmm looks a bit dodge :/ also as mentioned above it looks like the clocks have been converted so I think they are telling porkies about the mileage or they genuinely lack understanding. That said there is no harm in having a look :)

DC5RS

DC5
5000 no way, mine cost 3000 and its 100 times better quality than that poor system

You will surely find better examples of tegs around, be PATIENT :)

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
As above but with all my cars i've bought in the past always best to do a hpi check! best £35 you will ever spend & you can do 3 cars on it!!

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Well I've just called up about one on piston heads, no stamped service as was all privately done but got all receipts, is this the norm as I'm getting it a lot?

ste01

Advanced Member
Don't get it! Price looks funny, and the car doesn't even look that great anyway. I'd forget about it and keep looking. I'd send the importers on here some emails and see what they can offer too.

Oh yeah don't put all your trust in those car hpi check things but it is worth doing for the price. But one trick I always try to do with potential cars is to open the doors really slowly and see if you can feel any clicks, (not the firmer points where the door will rest open like all cars have) but a clicky feel you get through the door as it moves on the hinges. It's a good indication if its been crashed and maybe even put on a jig. Learnt it from a mechanic someone who could tell an old civic of mine had been crashed just from opening the doors!

Good luck with finding a blue DC5 (best colour), you'll probably have one before mine arrives :/ lol

ste01

Advanced Member
Cool fingers crossed it'll be a good one :) It's pretty normal for ones already over here to have no stamped history. You only need to look on here to see that a lot of ppl work on their own car. As long as all the receipts are there and they haven't done anything too major I wouldn't let it put you off. Just make sure the owner who has done the work doesn't come across as someone that would struggle to change a tyre or top up the washer fluid lol

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
Cool fingers crossed it'll be a good one :) It's pretty normal for ones already over here to have no stamped history. You only need to look on here to see that a lot of ppl work on their own car. As long as all the receipts are there and they haven't done anything too major I wouldn't let it put you off. Just make sure the owner who has done the work doesn't come across as someone that would struggle to change a tyre or top up the washer fluid lol
Haha ok cheers! Fingers crossed its a goodn as ill put a deposit on and just wait for my logbook to come back :)

Ezza

Advanced Member
What happened with your fiesta sale? Did you give the guy the £200 discount or did you relist it?

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
ste01 said:
Yes I can agree with the above..I`ve had my `Teg just on 8 years now and have done nearly all the servicing etc myself.I`ve no receipts for the work done but have them for the parts I`ve bought..HTH David

Erm

Advanced Member
I wouldn't be put off about no service history... mine didn't come with a service book either, I've done numerous oil changes/services etc without it being stamped in a book.

Also not sure the mileage has been "clocked" either. You'll want to ask to see the original japanese docs when it was imported over with the clock reading in KMs at time of import. Unless I'm missing something just having a sticker covering the K in KM/H on the clock doesn't mean the odometer has been clocked, just that the speedo reads in mph now.

The sound system is awful though not sure why anyone would do that... I have a 12" sub in the boot and 2 amps but they take up much less room that those horrid things and no way that cost £5k with that crap head unit....

Also if you were to have a look at it you'd want to check its got HIDs still in it and not halogens

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Thanks everyone for your input! :) .. I'm off to see one this weekend and now know more about what to look for! :) Having no stamps in did concern me but I feel a bit more at ease now. as long as they have all the papers about what work has been done right?