Megan Racing Coilovers

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Morning all

So I have PFL DC5 making it's way across the ocean to me, and from the pictures I received I can see it has coilovers.

The wonder that is Google images makes me think that they might be Megan Racing.

I have searched but I can't see much information about the brand on here. Does anyone have any experience of them? Just looking to see if I need/want to save some money while it is in transit and have them swapped out for some Bilstein B14.

See below pictures.

Attachments

Rom

Advanced Member
I think you will be better of searching clubrsx.
Pretty sure they are an American brand. I've certainly seen the name floating around on there.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Thanks for that. Seems to be 8 bad reviews for every 1 good review.

I shall wait to have the brand confirmed and start putting some funds aside for the Bilstein. Probably get TGM to set them up as best they can with a FRSU and see how I get on with them for a month or so.

Rom

Advanced Member
I'd definitely wait until you have it. Check them over for condition, knocks etc, do the adjusters move and so on.
And go from there.

If they are jdm ones, they could be too hard over here anyway. A lot don't perform well on uk roads apparently.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
I doubt they will be megan racing if the car is coming from japan. Unless the owner was highly influenced by USDM style.

Most likely japanese.