Megan Racing Drift Spec Exhaust Review

donzooo

Advanced Member
So I had one of these turn up yesterday. Exhaust arrived in 4 working days, was extremely happy with this.

When I got the exhaust I measured it and was happy to see between 2.5-2.6" internal diameter with no bottlenecks throughout. Exhaust has one small resonator and a reasonably sized back box. Welds etc looked well done and felt solidly made. Came with all bolts and gaskets (however the cat gasket bolts had to be elongated slightly to fit). Fitting took just over an hour, an easy job. Exhaust sat well and exactly how I wanted it too and had that great angled look that I personally felt is a must for a car like this. It ever so slightly rubs the rear bumper so I will have to come back to this another day to trim this a little bit. Exhaust was then sealed, tight and after a well deserved cup of tea I plugged the battery back in and then came the moment to start the car up.

The car was stone cold when I started it and when I would start with my Spoon N1 the thing would resonate horridly at cold idle (1800rpms or so) while with this there was no nasty noise and sounded quite pleasant. Definitely better on the neighbours ears first thing in the morning! It also comes with a silencer bung to dampen the noise further however I had to sand down the inside of the two bung holes on the inside as there was some slight metal protruding on the inside from where the holes had been pressed. I still have the original manifold and once the car was warm there is a nice deep rumble that sounds great standing behind the car.

Driving around the car picks up well and cruising around up to 3000RPM it is very quiet inside. There is a slight resonance between 3000-4000RPM particularly when engine braking on hills but above this the car roars, there is no other word to describe it. The sound is absolutely awesome and had a friend drive the car and personally have never heard a better exhaust for the teg at full chat, would say on par if not better than Spoon N1 slight bit of rasp on VTEC but I love the noise, no other way to describe it but more "manly".

Pictures and videos to come. A great "budget" exhaust however and will be updating this with dyno results etc. Very happy though. Have had many exhausts for Type R Hondas and this hopefully proves that you don't need to spend £600-700 to have a great sounding system. Hopefully it stands the test of time.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Very nice to be fair. My old Kaki had the angled look to it, and to be fair I do miss it. I also now have a Spoon. Looks good, bring on the videos :)

Chewy

Advanced Member
Just watched a few you tube videos of these on the RSX, It actually sounds pretty good, many different characteristics.

Although, Cold start still seems a little loud for my personal taste.

Good on you for trying something different though, that's a great price all in.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Just watched a few you tube videos of these on the RSX, It actually sounds pretty good, many different characteristics.
haha I was just doing the same. the cold start isn't an issue for me though, but I must say I would have one.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
haha I was just doing the same. the cold start isn't an issue for me though, but I must say I would have one.
I swear, I'm either quitting my job or I need to magic the funds for a daily beater...I feel like I'm missing out.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Oh no, its my daily. My neighbours have all succumbed to it haha. So much so that they question if they don't hear me arriving/leaving haha. Bless

Rom

Advanced Member
Looks nice, especially for the price.

Not seen a video, but think I will still win the cold idle war.
Buddyclub header and spec 3 is insane. I feel bad when it's icy to be honest, poor neighbours.