Megs Scratch 2.0 X

kingston

Advanced Member
Well after around 10k of miles and a year since it was last properly cleaned ive decided to do it this weekend (split over 2 days due to sun). So far panels have been clayed (suprisingly some where quite clean) and then decided to give this scratch 2.0 X a go due to picking up the odd scuff here and there before polishing and so on (plus ive had it since last Sept unused).

My initial thoughts are that im not quite sure how its meant to be applied as the instructions dont really instruct bar just saying apply with a cotton towel or applicator pad... So ive applied it as you would a polish with a lil bit of elbow grease involved to try and get rid of the scuffs, scratches and tar spot removal (does rather well at this) that claying couldnt get rid off B) , left it to dry and then buffed off. Ive also not used it sparingly either and imagine that once the bumpers and skirts are done, then about 1/4 of the bottle will be left.

While its not removed all of the swirls (though ill have to wait until being in full sunlight to see the end result) it has removed a majority of the items i wanted (though tbh i dont think i would be able to get rid of the swirls unless i used a machine polisher), it has left the car looking amazing and glass like.

The following pics where taken at around 8pm and bear in mind that no wax has been used, no camera photo-trickery (was taken with a mobile phone camera) i think the product speaks for itself;

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Looks good mate! Scratch X does a great job of removing light swirls more than anything else I noticed (by hand at least) heavier scratches will need some Ultimate Compound.

Looking great though 8)

Mark_teg

Staff member
Looks great Kingston. Pics of the rest of the car when you're done please, been a while since I've seen pics of it...

kingston

Advanced Member
Looks good mate! Scratch X does a great job of removing light swirls more than anything else I noticed (by hand at least) heavier scratches will need some Ultimate Compound.

Looking great though 8)
I thought Scratch X was more abrasive than ultimate compound?

Well after starting at 9am this morning ive only just finished with the final coat of wax removal (still got to do windows, plastics and lol) so going to have lunch and stuff and see about restarting to finish it off though its clouded over properly since then so not really been able to see the real effects though from what ive seen, the swirls are still there but again a lot lighter this time. If i had more time/an ocd then id have redone the car with the swirl x on the roof/bonnet but i dont and got lots to do today, will upload more 'roof' pics later on showing the differences in finishes between products (hopefully).

Mark will do, up in Norfolk tomorrow so ill use the white building again as the back drop and bring the colours out abit more. Looks slightly more mature this time though :unsure:

kingston

Advanced Member
Auto Glym Polish

AutoGlym Gloss

Megs Gold Class wax (canubra plus one..)

P21S (maker unknown and im too lzy to go to the garage and look on the packaging)

kingston

Advanced Member
Ahhh FFS, im sure someone said that Scratch X was more abrasive <_< Oh well never mind, im not going to redo thats for sure