Meguiars metal polish

civic17_99

Advanced Member
My engine bay is pretty clean but after seeing someone else's on here i thought i would try and clean up some of the metal parts. After reading about the Meguiars metal polish i decided to buy some and have a go tonight. I used this in combination with a light scotch pad. I still have more to do as there are some little fiddly bits i havent been able to reach properly but here is the results below. This took me about 20 minutes to do.

Before:

After:

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
nice work :) looks really good. Its a shame there isn't a lot of other metal in the bay you can polish up like this.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Going to do the steering arms aswell as with a little polish they also polish up to a chrome finish :)

DarrenDC5

curseit, just gave my engine bay a thorough clean today in the hope that a light dusting on the day will be enough, but after seeing this may have to go back over it with some polish :twisted:

Looks good though.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Thanks for the comment :) i beat Porthos to it :xlol: once i have done the rest i will post up some more pictures.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
(UPDATE) Got myself a metal polishing kit from ebay to polish up alluminium, so today i had a crack at my power steering pump to see if i could get it any better than i could with the meguiars polish. Heres the result, needless to say i'm pretty happy with it :D