Meister R- Camber question

mr_panks

Chris. said:
What sort of max front wheel width and tyre size are people getting away with without modifying the arches? I will trial fit 225/45/17 this weekend I think but I think I would be at the limit there with 17x8J ET48.
I'm running 17x8.5j ET40 with a 245/40 up front without modifying my arches.

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
What sort of max front wheel width and tyre size are people getting away with without modifying the arches? I will trial fit 225/45/17 this weekend I think but I think I would be at the limit there with 17x8J ET48.
I'm currently running that on a 7J rim ET40.
Running around -2.8 camber IIRC, but loads of room so sure you'd be more than fine on an 8J with ET48.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I've got 225s with 8 inch wide 37 offset. I think the front is pretty flexible fitment wise.

spooke

Advanced Member
I'm running 17x8J ET47 225/45/17 with -2 camber, works great. Plenty of clearance although I do have some minor rub marks on the inside of the chassis.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Chris.

There are a few people who are running 9j et 45 245/45 up front on standard arches. I believe you will need around 3 degree of negative camber to make this work, give or take a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Id say the most aggressive is 9 +40 255/40 with arch liners trimmed. A 255 will slightly scrub the chassis leg on full lock. Same wheel with 245/40 clears. Steering becomes too twitchy with more than -3 camber and thats with 4 deg castor too.

I ran both but my latest setup will 245/40 8.5 +40 front. 7.5 +48 225/45 rear

From experience id say an 8.5 +40 is enough. The steering design is too sensitive

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Hahaha I'm still lost as to what to do :xconfused:

No idea if Meister R will give the adjustability I need. I'm tempted just to go for the area motorsport coilovers as they are proven on Indi's car to give the camber I want.

On a side note... Has anyone used Yahoo Auctions before? I'm trying to get a set of Rays through torque GT, but its difficult for them to get items that are up for bid.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
What caster mods were you running?
Castor bushes in lca and my top mounts swapped left to right and set for maximum camber/castor. As they now point inwards diagonally towards the bulkhead. Every top mount is different though.

Camber is adjusted at the hub with a bolt

MeisterR

Reggie91 said:
Hahaha I'm still lost as to what to do :xconfused:

No idea if Meister R will give the adjustability I need. I'm tempted just to go for the area motorsport coilovers as they are proven on Indi's car to give the camber I want.

On a side note... Has anyone used Yahoo Auctions before? I'm trying to get a set of Rays through torque GT, but its difficult for them to get items that are up for bid.
What adjustability are you after?
let me know then at least I can give you an idea.

Jerrick

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I want to be able to get around -2.5 to -3degree camber on the front. Spooke mentioned he had to swap over the top mounts?

spooke

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
I want to be able to get around -2.5 to -3degree camber on the front. Spooke mentioned he had to swap over the top mounts?
To clarify I swapped the top mounts to gain caster/camber, my top mounts are maxed out - I'll check the hubs next Friday as I'm getting the alignment done again, I'll also find out how much caster that's given me but it drives really well atm.

Tbh I should think the Yellow Speeds that Area sell will give the same if not less (do they have slotted hub bolt hole?) than MeisterR's.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Well Area motorsport say that they have an 'elongated bolt hole at the bottom of the shock body' to adjust camber, so I'm guessing so?

spooke

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Well Area motorsport say that they have an 'elongated bolt hole at the bottom of the shock body' to adjust camber, so I'm guessing so?
In that case I can't seeing them any different to MeisterR's camber adjustment and that you won't get any more. If you used camber bolts as Mike mentioned before you'll gain more.

Indi

Advanced Member
At the same ride height Meister R coilovers only give -2.5 camber where as Area YSR coilovers give -4.2 max :)