MeisterR coilover owners

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member
What are your damper settings for the road and how does it feel? How many clicks from softest or hardest are you?

spooke

Advanced Member
I'll double check mine when I get home but it's feeling great atm, very compliant over bumps and undulations, it's pretty balanced too.

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member
I had mine pretty soft for a while then changed the fronts to 5 clicks before hardest and the rears are 9 clicks before hardest if I remember. Trying to find a happy medium. I know for sure I've bushings or ball joints to replace and hopefully it cures the floaty feeling up front. I can hear a knock of certain bumps/deep gratings etc and the coilovers are brand new CRD's and the droplinks all changed to hardrace. Just wondering what everyone's settings are :)

spooke

Advanced Member
Mine are currently set to 17 at the front and 18 at the rear. Ignoring the first half click.

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
haven't really done them properly if im honest.

think mine are just 5 clicks in from softest front and rear. had them at 3 but it was a bit wallowy.

if people recommend different settings (generally) front to rear I'd be happy to hear some advice myself :)

spooke

Advanced Member
As a general rule, higher front = understeer, higher rear = oversteer. I don't really mean literally either unless you went max and minimum heh :)

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
I asked Jerrick about the best setup for the track and he told me to go 27 front and rear on flat tracks (32 beeing the stiffest).
On the road im at 16 rear and 12 front (hate understeer ;P) and its very neutral at the limit (beside the "feeling"-issues).

I didnt changed the preload but maybe i will increase the preload since its bodyrolling too much imo

mikeyw85

Just fitted my Meister R's, with some new wheels. They are 17's with 7.5J and ET45 and 225/45R17 RE070 tyres.

I don't know if anyone is running anything at all similar, but I was wondering if anyone's have concerns or issues with rubbing on the arches, particularly the rear? I haven't, but it the gap between tyre and arch is pretty small. Wondering how soft I can set the damping, and considering raising the ride height a little.

I'm 16/16 on stiffness at the moment.

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member
mikeyw85 said:
Just fitted my Meister R's, with some new wheels. They are 17's with 7.5J and ET45 and 225/45R17 RE070 tyres.

I don't know if anyone is running anything at all similar, but I was wondering if anyone's have concerns or issues with rubbing on the arches, particularly the rear? I haven't, but it the gap between tyre and arch is pretty small. Wondering how soft I can set the damping, and considering raising the ride height a little.

I'm 16/16 on stiffness at the moment.
Any photos of your ride height? And any problems with tracking or torque steer at your height? I've mine set at the minute at around 22 front and 17 rear I think. 5mm spacers all round. Not the same set up as you but with 1 degree negative camber I'm clearing it no problem regardless of stiffness

MeisterR

With the ZetaCRD on the DC5, you can run the front damper and rear damper all the way to full hard on track use.
Due to the higher springs rate on the DC5, the damper have the force to take advantage of that.

For road use, I would expect about the middle setting, something around 15 to 20 clicks from full hard.

Jerrick

spooke

Advanced Member
I'm still on 17 front and 18 rear. Feels good for daily although on rough road it is a little harsh. But can just soften it up if needed.

mikeyw85

JDM-DC5 said:
Any photos of your ride height? And any problems with tracking or torque steer at your height? I've mine set at the minute at around 22 front and 17 rear I think. 5mm spacers all round. Not the same set up as you but with 1 degree negative camber I'm clearing it no problem regardless of stiffness
This is after adjusting rear height. Raised it 8mm (wish) on the rear. So there's a slight rake on it. Not Red Bull F1 car levels of rake, but obviously just slightly. The arch gaps do look similar front and back though, so it doesn't look odd.