Mental Prices

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Just pay the money. They're not EP3's for a reason, they cost a lot because they're special and hold their value. If you can't afford one don't buy one, get a Civic. You'll be disappointed though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Midnight

Advanced Member
I agree DC5noob.

However from experience there isn't many cars that offer low(ish) miles and good condition in the UK for sale.

I'm sure there are many about, but being for sale is another thing.

I'd certainly pick a DC5 over a EP3 regardless of price.

Kev.W

Advanced Member
I find when it comes to buying any car your initial plan is budget, then you think about mileage and general wear and tear then you think about what I think is the most important which is what your looking for like standard, modified, certain mods etc.

When I was looking for my DC5 I wanted as standard as possible, which when it comes to UK DC5 was fairly hard but I still started with ones that were already in the UK, road tested a couple, never found what I was looking for condition, mods or mileage. Tested some EP3's which straight away brought me back to DC5's so then I started stalking the importer sites until I found mine, 2004 Facelift, 69,000 miles next to standard apart from the Mugen Twinloop and if you want to include the optional extras the Modulo lip kit, came with full Honda service history and I think one Japanese owner, was also already under sealed in Japan by the previous owner. I paid about £10,500 for mine through Torque GT about a year and half ago.

Just to add, Torque GT applied more under seal in preparation for the UK and my collection.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Is this a free checker thing, never seen it before?

Thanks

Midnight said:
Buying any second hand car that's 10+ years old will be a gamble.

You just need to do some research beforehand if that's one in the UK or import.

If the UK is known then information is easier to find but like I stated Japanese history can also be found.

E.g

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Cool mate cheers, does it work straight off of the chassis number and is it just the site from your image?

Thanks mate

Midnight said:
Hello Carl,

Converts to around £25. Basically a HPI report but of Japanese cars.

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
My friend just bought a fresh import, facelift model, equivalent to 70k miles on the clock and with alot of mugen parts, £10500

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
spooke said:
I paid £9,500 for my 44,000 miles, Grade 4B 2004 Artic Blue Pearl 2 years ago. Prices are definitely high because of the exchange rate, saying that you can pick up some cheap "UK" cars off a owner on here for your budget - providing it's been looked after it will probably be better! :)

It is nice to have the car personally imported for yourself though being the first owner and all that.
Yours was 4.5B wasn't it mate? Remember you gloating to me about it once hahaha. Jokesssss ;) stunning motor yours tho!

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
I've just started working for a Japanese company with lots of Japanese engineers seconded to the UK, looking forward to getting to know a few of them that speak English, guess they'll be handy to get info from as they already seem very helpful people 🙂🤓

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Buying any second hand car that's 10+ years old will be a gamble.

You just need to do some research beforehand if that's one in the UK or import.

If the UK is known then information is easier to find but like I stated Japanese history can also be found.

E.g

Has mine down as a type s on the free summary report, anyone gone ahead and paid for one?

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Free summary isn't great in truth.

Paid version is accurate though!
Great stuff, will get one ordered, and hope for no skeletons in the closet 🙈😝

Midnight

Advanced Member
It ideally needs its own thread to aid members.

While it should not determine a decision, it can help towards a more educated one for sure.

Also nice to have and add to the cars paperwork.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
id say that's cheap.

i bought my CW nearly 7 years ago for £10k with 49,000 on the clocks. it certainly hasn't depreciated that much (90k on clocks now),
it is not going to go for £6k when the market in UK and Japan is very thin in choice.

What you pay out initially is countered by the low depreciation on these cars

spooke

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Yours was 4.5B wasn't it mate? Remember you gloating to me about it once hahaha. Jokesssss ;) stunning motor yours tho!
Yeah 4.5B I always forget :D Thanks, it's really not...

Midnight said:
Yes, chassis number.

Gives recorded damage, theft, KM history and any time it's been through auction in Japan.

Pretty handy for £25.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=521798
Thought I'd give this a try, I know my cars been in a minor accident in Japan from bumper resprays/overspray but I'm curious to see what this flags up. :D

p1tse

Advanced Member
@ midnight, are you part of an import team, good knowledge and link

@ spooke, please can you feedback on results.

As for the original poster, good luck in your searches. Exchange rates hasn't helped, but good dc5, as they are getting older I assume harder to come by compared to say 5 years ago. With prices of imports being high, it will also have some influence on U.K. Prices due to supply and demand.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Patch - No, ours is currently being imported via Torque GT.

It's a pretty big subject on MLR so thought I'd pass the link on as it's helped a fair few with the evos.

I used the function and found it really useful.

k!ng

Advanced Member
When I was looking for my DC5 I test drove an EP3 first, then an FN2, which I much preferred over the EP3. Handling felt tighter and the engine felt a bit more powerful. Then I test drove a DC5 and it is in a class above for sure. Get one you won't be disappointed over an EP3 or FN2, the price difference is worth it in imho.