Merlins blood

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
Merlins blood, has anyone given this stuff a go or is it a load of poo?

I'm a bit sceptical of what I see on the Internet and this is one of those things! However has anyone actually used it and if so on what type of alloys ie powder coated, painted etc.

Samy888

Advanced Member
i would like to know too. seen the add on facebook and makes it out to be the best wheel cleaning product in history.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i have used Decon X and found it superb, my company car doesnt get washed often and does 1000 miles a week on average, with just a small bit of agitation with a brush they looked fantastic, the chemical reacts with the iron in the brake dust and it just comes off with very little effort, BUT dont let it dry, do one wheel at a time.

i have used it on my wifes Wrangler which has bare alloy hand polished wheels and it didnt leave any marks etc, its also suitable for paint so would be fairly confident it wont hurt any wheel finish.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Just buy iron x spray for a tenner, does the job.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Rob R

Advanced Member
Or just wax/ seal your wheels after giving them a thorough clean and then only ever need a pressure washer to get them clean again for a few months after

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Ive got merlins blood. Used it alot. Gone through 2 litres so far. Its excellent value for money and does exactly what youve seen on the internet. Although it removes all the dirt touchlessly it does have mild acid although ph neutral so its safe and balanced. For black alloys it can leave a white stain which needs to be wiped off if let on the wheel too long.

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
Ahhhh a man with experiance!

I've got some buddyclub p1's on mine sprayed white and cleaning the brake dust and road tar off is a pain, would this stuff be any good on them?

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Yes mate. Aslong as the paint finish on your wheels is good they should clean up well with merlins with white rims you will get a nice purple chemical reaction. BUT

Tar spots and brake dust require two products
- tardis spray
- clay bar and a lubricant (detail spray or shampoo mix water)

merlins blood is good for heavy dirt build up but stubbourn tar and brake dust require the above listed (i do detailing as a side business, deal with it all the time :( )

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Does it need diluting this stuff?

Just ordered some as it seems better value than Iron kiss.

ktm108

Advanced Member
I would personally dilute it as my mate gave it a go on my wheels and it made my brake callipers fade really badly... Striped the lacquer off I'm guessing.... So I spent the weekend re painting my front brakes....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk