Meshed bumper

kingston

Advanced Member
You realise you could have gone to B&Q and got alot more mesh for alot less dont you?

looks good though, i take it thats to stop stones going through and hitting the rad?

gonzo

Advanced Member
Only cost £8 from halfrauds - friends discount! :lol:

Had to be done in rain as i wanted to have it done before i go to europe!!

Advantage of being a design teacher though, had a whole workshop to do it in!! :lol: :lol:

£10 mesh or £600 for a new rad.......a mod worth doing!! :lol:

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
I see what you mean about the reg plate mounting brackets. :shock: Used black mesh on mine so they don't stand out so much.
£8 mesh!! ... do you ever pay full price? :lol: Tidy job.

mikegsi

Staff member
just been out and got mine today, ive gone for a black plastic mesh, wont standout as much but still do the job i want it to do, just had visions of saxo's and cinquecento's with huge metal grills!!!! :D

mikegsi

Staff member
just halfords mate, was £20 though for a bit large enough, could prob get it cheaper but couldnt be ar$ed to look! :D

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
I must get around to doing mine. Think you said it was a similar job to the CTR one? YOu don't have to yank it about too much do you? knowing my luck I'll break it.

gonzo

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
I must get around to doing mine. Think you said it was a similar job to the CTR one? YOu don't have to yank it about too much do you? knowing my luck I'll break it.
Dead easy mate,

I cable tied mine in place then bent the excess around

Suped

Advanced Member
right, this is a essential mod to pro-long the rad...

anybody hav a clue how to butcher the front bumper and giving me a crash course in putting the mesh on? I'm a IT guy with little (sod all) experience in cars.

truffs

Join the club mate ive been plucking up courage for the last two months to do it, Bank Holiday monday is the Day!

mikegsi

Staff member
yep, ive got the equipment but not had the time, i know it'll only take about an hour all in to do, just getting motivated to do it!!

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
Suped said:
right, this is a essential mod to pro-long the rad...

anybody hav a clue how to butcher the front bumper and giving me a crash course in putting the mesh on? I'm a IT guy with little (sod all) experience in cars.
Extra pair of hands can be errr handy :lol: But other than that it was surprisingly simple to do.
I too am useless as any car work and managed to do it. Just gotta find the wheel arch bolts and the rest under the bumper are easy. :)

rialnet

managed to get the bumper off and mesh it last night, looks so much better now 8)

i may redo it in black mesh when i get round to buying some... :roll:

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
rialnet said:
managed to get the bumper off and mesh it last night, looks so much better now 8)

i may redo it in black mesh when i get round to buying some... :roll:
Nice one. :) Glad you managed to sort it.