message to all ex ctr owners:

woolz

Advanced Member
just wondered if your still pleased with the swap from a ctr?
ive finally part ex'd with my ctr to a dc5 which i will have on oct 7th!
ive been on 2 test drives with the dc5 and loved it. i was 3 up on all the drives so couldnt really benift from the performance but how do u guys compare them to the ctr?

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
still look forward to driving mine and actually missed it whilst I was away.

I had me and 3 others in it the other day and she still flew, wheras with the CTR I noticed the difference between just em and then me a 1 passenger :shock:

You'll love her for years to come matey. Have fun 8)

neolee40

Advanced Member
Well there's not that much of a difference in proformance and you will find that the dc-5 will not feel as torguey( is that a word?). But in handling it's a million times better. also the amount of looks you get as well is out of this world. When sitting in the dc-5 it really feels sporty where as the CTR didn't. Ypu made a good choice man and in due time i will return to the dc-5 once everything is sorted :). ENJOY!! and drive safely ;)

woolz

Advanced Member
scottie- i agree with you when you pile in the passengers in a ctr- it doesnt like it.

neolee- less torque in the dc5? u sure?

fonz600

Advanced Member
I find the DC5 is more torquey and still pulls in 5th and 6th which the CTR didn't do so well.

As regards to the initial post. Hell yeah, no going back for me :lol:

neolee40

Advanced Member
woolz said:
scottie- i agree with you when you pile in the passengers in a ctr- it doesnt like it.

neolee- less torque in the dc5? u sure?
yeah that what it feels like. :) my gf's ctr feel well more so did my ex ctr :). But i gues thats just me:)

Suped

Advanced Member
not a ex CTR driver but came from a crusing car.. 1 sentence : What a DRIVE!

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Well done Woolz mate....damn good choice 8)

And in answer to your question, would never consider swapping back. It's still making me smile every time I jump in :D

turbo5

Advanced Member
I have had the DC5 4 weeks now from swapping from the CTR.
plus points
faster
handles better
more exclusive. you can go to the shops without seeing 4 other cars the same
looks much better
feels better to drive
more economical (which I find strange)
attracts attention
my insurance was cheaper

negative points
not much room for the dog in the hatch
can't fit a dog guard
no warranty
it weren't brand new when I bought it (2500 miles only, but don't know its history)
parts are harder to come by
don't get many 2nd hand mods coming up for sale.
no hondacare

mikegsi

Staff member
teg anyday, outhandles, out performs and looks so much better than both the ep3 ctr and dc2 itr (this comment is based upon actual trackday experiences of similarly modded cars)

teg98

Never owned a CTR but had a DC2 at some point in my history of ownership. When i came to be in the position to either buy brand new CTR or 2nd hand DC5 i test drove both, really wanted brand new motor for all the obvious reasons. But once i test drove a DC5 it brought all the fond memories of my DC2 flooding back :D
DC5 makes you feel special when you are sat still!!!! Recaro seats set nice and low, dash nice and high. And to drive nice and firm on the suspension, steering feels more direct :D AWESOME motor, DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Personally it had to be white but not going to start that debate up lol :wink:

woolz

Advanced Member
do u notice the dc5 being lighter or not really? cus isnt there a 100kg difference?

B0DSKI

I'm chuffed to bits with what i got after my CTR.........A 2003 Impreza STi with PPP Fitted. 310BHP :D

Just could'nt bring myself to spend 16k on a DC5 when i got the Impreza for exactly the same money. oh and yes i still love the DC5's and YES the Petrol does take the Piss in the Impreza but apart from that it's sweet :lol: