MFactory helical LSD?

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has replaced the oem LSD? Box is coming off soon and I'm debating whether this would be worth while.

Thing is I don't want a plated diff, but then heard other helical diffs aren't much of an upgrade.

Stevie at Grinspeed says the M Factory is 25% tighter or 40% with the racepack.

Anyone got one fitted?

Cheers,
Chris

Altecians

Advanced Member
If the question is whether or not to upgrade it, I vote yes.

I upgraded to a plated 1.1 Diff last year and it's a different animal now- for the better.
Standard disclaimers: How you drive the car, be prepared to routinely service the oil and bear in mind the possibility of rebuilding it one day.

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Not sure if I want a plated one as it's my daily!

Stevie recommended the MFactory helical with race pack?

Not sure if it's much of an upgrade though.

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
I had an mfactory helical lsd in my ep3 before the teg and I must say the mfactory felt much better.

Just more capable, it's hard to differentiate being different cars and all but from my point of view I did prefer the characteristics of the mfactory one.

Think the oem one is a quafe so pretty good, I do think mfactory is just a bit better.

As to whether you should change it 'just because' and you're not having problems with the oem one.. hard choice.

It'll be an upgrade, but not a massive one.

cmhshek

Advanced Member
The only reason I want to change it is because the oem doesn't feel as effective ever since changing the final drive.

It no longer pulls you round the corners like it used to..

But anyway think I'll go for the race pack see how it goes.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Plated is fine on a daily as long as you get something like the Kaaz Super Q which is coated.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Plated is fine on a daily as long as you get something like the Kaaz Super Q which is coated.
Almost. WPC isn't a coating.

Plated diff's also quieten down with a little dash of friction modifier.

For the road they're fairly pointless, unless you're breaking traction and spinning a wheel. I wouldn't waste my money.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Most mods people put on are useless for the road, doesn't stop them. :)

Just saying my car is fine on the road with the Kaaz, it's near enough silent and easy to live with. Just have to be mindful when you put your foot down that it will grab.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I'm simply answering the man's question: 'is it worth while installed a plated diff?'

Road car? Pointless. In fact it's a negative, you're adding a component that requires servicing and will potentially make your car worse to drive on the road.

It's a bit like fitting huge brakes to a car that spends it's life parked. Pointless. :p