Milano red paintwork

Bryn

Hi guys,
Is it possible to get a Milano Red Teg buffed and detailed? I know the paintwork is very thin, so if it has faded a bit, is there anyway to bring it back up? Or is a respray the best way to go?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Give it a good polish and wax with some decent products and spend some time doing it properly, I'm sure it will come up really nice, a respray should be a last resort if it's really bad.

rascal69

Advanced Member
If it's faded there is no way of bringing it back am afraid.
As the red is under the clearcoat. If it's not too bad I would give the car a good clean and stay ontop of looking after it.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
I have tried this, around 2 years ago my friend and me tried to tackle my Milano and it was no use, it looked amazing but it was still a bit pinky on the roof. Got it booked in for a full respray now in the next few weeks so that should be good!

Pictures will be forthcoming then! :green:

Mr David

I have tried this, around 2 years ago my friend and me tried to tackle my Milano and it was no use, it looked amazing but it was still a bit pinky on the roof. Got it booked in for a full respray now in the next few weeks so that should be good!

Coldfuse : Are you getting the respray done in Aberdeen, if so where about?

Im also from Aberdeen but drive an EP3. :)

Bryn

Well I went to view the car today, and it needs more than just a good polish unfortunately so the car hunt is still on!

Rob R

Advanced Member
Can be "revitalised" so to speak. Managed this on my mates old EP3

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Respray is being done by http://www.jrmcoachworks.co.uk/index1.html in Edinburgh think you pay through the absolute nose for body work in Aberdeen, people trying to cash in on all the oilmoney up here....

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Depends really how bad it is, as Rob says you can bring back some of the colour with a good clean. Above surface defects can be polished out, below surface means you need a re-spray.

Red is the hardest colour to look after, if it's not been waxed at least once a month then it will fade very easily.

Clean the car and try using Clar Bar on it if the paint work feels rough under hand. Otherwise get some paint cleaner, have a go with that on a spot to see if it makes any difference. Use a really soft cloth, Microfibers are perfect.

Kevin Girdler

Advanced Member

Cant wait to see the pics Coldfuse. These guys are suppose to be really good, didn't Aly get a spoiler done by them recently?

Emma

Advanced Member
l couldn't stop my DC2 from going pink in the 5 years l had it so PX for a blue DC5 :D

The new owner ended up having a respray in the end but was well happy!

dave kil

Advanced Member
Are there any special waxes out there for red cars that could help as a preventative measure?