Mileage Conversion.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I have used the search function but i couldnt find the thread i was looking for. I spotted a thread on here once which showed 2 different ways of working out the mileage of a DC5.

If anyone can help or can post a link to the thread i'd really appreciate it. :)

qamvti

Advanced Member
What every mileage is on the clock should be the mileage of the car as it should have been corrected at sva. I know a lot of people say that it has not been changed but believe me it has been corrected.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
qamvti said:
What every mileage is on the clock should be the mileage of the car as it should have been corrected at sva. I know a lot of people say that it has not been changed but believe me it has been corrected.
pre facelifts maybe true, but the SVA conversion place coudln't do mine, they had tried a facelift beofre and the clocks stopped working! The circuitry inside the unit is different at the time 2 1/2 years ago there was one person who could do it and i dinn't want to take my clocks out and send them off!

Anyway the difference was only 5k as it has only covered 13k kms, so i'm not that bothered.

Oppsss forgot to answer your question, take the kms from milage =a , divide the kms by 1.6 will give you miles =b then add a+b. jobe done

qamvti

Advanced Member
ian.herm01 said:
qamvti said:
ian.herm01 said:
pre facelifts maybe true, but the SVA conversion place coudln't do mine, they had tried a facelift beofre and the clocks stopped working! The circuitry inside the unit is different at the time 2 1/2 years ago there was one person who could do it and i dinn't want to take my clocks out and send them off!
The SVA place you went to must have off been a bit naff to see the least, as I have family that are importers and they always get it corrected and they have taken the cars to more than one sva centre.

nefor

Advanced Member
I don't know how common it is for an sva center to do it. Mine certainly wasn't as i drove it before and after the SVA was done and the mileage hadn't changed.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i don't think the actual sva test centre does it, it is the importer, it should be corrected pre sva, and , i think when it is tested the sva will record whatever it reads as actual mileage.

best bet is to ask andy200bhp

redcap

Advanced Member
You will often find that the display will read a combination of the miles and Km's together so you have to figure it all out with the import doc's/BIMTA certificate or service history and MOT's etc. Not 100% why this is? either the importer hasn't/isn't bothered? or it is not a requirement?

When I bought mine the importer thought it had been done but it hadn't so they payed for it to be changed/corrected by a digital mileage correction company to read the total miles the car has covered.

Nikid

Hi it is not a requirment to have the mileage converted for the SVA or UK registration, although most importers do have it changed some of the smaller garages/importers do not do it due to costs.
It is the same method used on prefacelift & facelift cars & costs around £70.00 to have the job done.
The easiest way to work out the mileage would be to obtain a copy of the Auction grade paper that would have been supplied to the importer when the car was purchased in Japan.
Or alternativley a copy of the mileage report carried out by BIMTA if the supplying dealer was BIMTA registered.

Niki D

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Mine was imported with 10k miles recorded on the SVA, the clock though was reading 16k for when it was in kilometres.... its been counting up from 16k in miles since.... so its currently reading 6k more than its actually covered.

Will be fun to explain when it comes to sell, lol....