Mini R53 JCW VS DC5

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Not expecting this to go down well on this forum, but has anyone come from/ gone to a mini jcw? I love the integra and is an awesome car but i'm always bit worried while driving it on track. Plus the fact I stand to free up a fair bit of cash.

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
My sister has a r53 cooper s and my dad has a r56 cooper s, the chassis on both is good, very go kartish
Power is good both can be remapped which im sure would make them really nice contenders.

My only fear is they have both had hefty repair bills for electrical faults, and my sisters older cooper convertible had a rusty exhaust mount that would of required welding up to fix as it was part of the boot floor.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Exactly above, the DC5 (not bigging it up as it's a DC5 forum) is a a massively affordable cheap track car with massive potential which offers good mpg, handling and reliability.

The Mini's are epic little cars in their own right and very capable on track but for general all-round use you'd loose a lot of interior space and the exclusivity of having something a lot more rare.

I don't see my DC5 as anything than a track car tbh, it's where most of my very few miles a year are built up and I will only sell it for another track focussed machine, before jumping be sure it's 100% what you want as I made that mistake with my old DC2 and regret it to this day more than any other car I have sold (apart from my Integrale)...

Also don't forget the mini is guaranteed from factory to have indicators that don't work lol :)

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Don't doubt the DC5 will be the better car. Mini will be Cheap to re shell etc if I bin it and can pick one up cheap and buy more stuff and still have cash left over. Just refurbished a house and atm can keep the teg but have less money for track days, or clear some cash and do more days. 1st world problems!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Don't doubt the DC5 will be the better car. Mini will be Cheap to re shell etc if I bin it and can pick one up cheap and buy more stuff and still have cash left over. Just refurbished a house and atm can keep the teg but have less money for track days, or clear some cash and do more days. 1st world problems!
All about priorities buddy, if you sell it maybe a good or bad decision but everyones circumstances differ and it's not like a DC5 wont be for sale again. I have come close to selling a few times (but for something very special for track) but I just take out insurance for every trackday just to be safe as it's not me running out of talent or crashing that's the issue, I worry more about others inability

ollieh17

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
All about priorities buddy, if you sell it maybe a good or bad decision but everyones circumstances differ and it's not like a DC5 wont be for sale again. I have come close to selling a few times (but for something very special for track) but I just take out insurance for every trackday just to be safe as it's not me running out of talent or crashing that's the issue, I worry more about others inability
That's it mate! Unfortunately my local is combe and not many cover it

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
Clio 197/200 would be a better bet imo
Vowed to never on a clio for no real reason. I like quirkiness of a mini and the different engine.clio may be too similar to the teg but just not as good

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
The mini is good out the box, maybe not as fine tuned as a teg but a good fun option, its just the repair costa ive seen my family go through are terrible, my sisters is suffering currently from a bcm module issue meaning when she parks up and turns off the car sometimes brake lighta stay on, some times dash wont light up some times interior lights stay on. Cost is approx 600quid to fix.
My dads one needed a new ecu i believe, ended up paying about 3.5k to mini to fix

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk