mintex 1144

mikegsi

Staff member
That is a very good find!

I rate the mintex highly, and from experience prefer them to the ds2500's, however wasn't prepared to pay the extra £50 for them, that price is about equal to the ds2500's though and I know where I'll be getting my next set!!

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Is a very good find shame it wasn't a week ago as I've ordered mine off Paul G already!! Oh well, can't win them all!!

Paul G

Members
Thats a VERY cheep price.....

Has anyone tryed some yet? that's the right pad shape for the DC5 but
maybe to thick eg 17.5mm & not 14mm as the DC5 needs.

If that is the case, then by the time you have them ground down to 14mm (if you can find a place to do it for you) then that will put up the price :idea:

Paul.

Paul G

Members
:xconfused: 14mm has always been the OEM thickness for the DC5, i did
hear a guy say he'd hammered some thicker one's into place :shock: :eek:

Did you re fit the anti squeel shims as well ?

Thks
Paul.

danny100

Advanced Member
yes Paul, u r right, it came a bit too thick,i ended up with put it on the lathe to take a 1-1.5mm off,each pads(depend how new is your disc)+ file the edge(left+right) a fraction..then it fit perfect :D

V.good pads, highly recommended :D

Paul G

Members
Glad you got them to fit :)

Like you say there a very good pad for the money...When you need a
new set i have some already to size :) :wink:

Paul.

celox performance

Advanced Member
Do the 1144's leave pad deposits on the discs like the DS2500's can? I've been through a few pad combinations now on my Evo and haven't found a pad that I like that doesn't leave deposits :roll:

Paul G

Members
No thats another good thing about the 1144 pads, when you work them very hard (eg like on a track day) they dont seem to leave any deposits on
the discs, If you take them past there max working temp they just seem to fade off. Then if you come back to the pits & let them cool off, away you go again......
But like you say some other pads when to hot will leave deposits of pad
on the discs - not good :roll:

Try some :xyes: BTW i dont sell Evo pads :wink: :)

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Just read this with interest, as seems I might have warped my std Honda disks, and may change to a different set up. Paul - these deposits, I take it they cause the disk to "feel" warped, or do they cause hot spots or something?

Thanks
Ed

rick c

Advanced Member
ejwillistyles said:
Just read this with interest, as seems I might have warped my std Honda disks, and may change to a different set up. Paul - these deposits, I take it they cause the disk to "feel" warped, or do they cause hot spots or something?

Thanks
Ed
Its rarely the discs that have warped... its pad deposit. Do a few hard stops and it should sort that out.

EndaITR

Advanced Member
danny100 said:
yes Paul, u r right, it came a bit too thick,i ended up with put it on the lathe to take a 1-1.5mm off,each pads(depend how new is your disc)+ file the edge(left+right) a fraction..then it fit perfect :D

V.good pads, highly recommended :D

Whats the strength like on the pads for being ground down on a milling machine? Have use of one in UNI but a bit concerned with coming close to the edges that it doesnt take a chunk off :(

EndaITR

Advanced Member
Got them ground in the end, fit perfect but found them to sit shy of the end of the disc, and put them up to the old pads and the pad material side is slightly narrower than the old pads. Its sits about 1cm shy of the end of the disc. Are they all like this?

There the 350z pad ground down to 15mm.