Mintex 1144s in correct 14mm thickness - anywhere!?

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I loved the 1144s in my old DC5, awesome pads. Always bought them from Paul G, who of course doesn't do them any more. I've tried Eight Speed, but they told me they would have to grind down the ones they have to the correct thickness and then never replied to my "how much?" email.

I'm now stuck - is it possible to get the correct 14mm thickness Mintex 1144 pads for the DC5/FD2 and if so, where from? All the ones I've found are the 350Z 17mm ones (and no, they don't fit unless your discs are very worn).

All help appreciated. :)

integraleo

Advanced Member
It's so easy to get them ground down its really not an issue,a small engineering company next door to my mechanic done them for free as a favour to my mechanic

lockwood77

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
It's so easy to get them ground down its really not an issue,a small engineering company next door to my mechanic done them for free as a favour to my mechanic
Fair enough, but it's hassle and I don't know anywhere local I could go (sure there are places, but I have to find them).

TGM is a good call, I've just emailed them.

redcap

Advanced Member
I have a set if you want to buy them? They were fitted to my DC5 for about 1000 miles, they are almost new.

AaronDc5

I spend hours trying to fit mine in couldn't figure it out,eventually got the better of me and I had to take them to a engineering factory I used to in a skim and 1.3mm off each pad. Hope this helps