Mintex F4 review + Snetterton 300

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Guys,

Paul G came to the rescue during yesterdays HOT event at Snetterton 300, in fact he couldn't of come over any earlier as we kept missing each other in between sessions... there was a lot of people, and subsequently a lot of Hondas :D

As I've never taken pads off before, Paul kindly showed me and what looked like a whole other audience too as a fair few people were checking it out :lol: .

Paul inspected my discs (also Paul G discs!) and stated there was a plenty of life in them still, however, there was none so for the Mintex 1144, in fact near to less 1mm left! So luckily these were off as we're sure I'd be grinding on the discs next session out.

So once installed, I took the car out on the main road just to stab the brakes a bit and get the car used to the new Mintex F4's. Wow :shock: , these brakes are awesome, now I know I don't have any other race performance pads to compare against, but with the 1144, its night and day.

Now on track, more wows is all I can say, these bad boys stop the car dead... I just wish I had semi slicks to fully appreciate what the brakes are capable of. There's quite a few 120mph straights on Snetterton and these brakes certainly brought my speeds down to 50-60 pretty comfortably, no fade whatsoever. Not sure how long they will last (usage wise) but will see as I'll only be using the 'teg mainly for track days now.

Oh and they do squeal... as it did all the way home :D

sinbad

Advanced Member
Glad to know you got them sorted, easy to change ain't they?!

I loved the new 300 track, some really good spots for overtaking if your racing.

Which DC5 was yours ED?

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
sinbad said:
Glad to know you got them sorted, easy to change ain't they?!

I loved the new 300 track, some really good spots for overtaking if your racing.

Which DC5 was yours ED?
I always hear about the two pins, but never confident with changing stuff on the car myself :) now I know :D

Were you there? Mine was the red DC5 with white wheels (pre), there was a facelift red DC5 out on track too

sinbad

Advanced Member
ahh, 8) White and red go well, are they Rota's?

Must say, thats the most Dc5's Ive seen on a trackday and they all looked great.

I was in the blue DC2 with the white wheels and stickers.
I think we got some video footage from the day so I'll post it up when I can.

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Yep, Rota Boosts (IIRC), there's some pic updates on the Snetterton 300 thread over at HOT, I've it up on my FB account if you want to have a look. My mate was there on the day to capture some shots so hopefully he'll have his up soon too 8)

Didn't feel my car was as quick as some of the EK4/EG9/DC2's, not sure what code to use for the civics, always get confused with them :D

eXceed

Resident Driver
Yella Fella said:
Yep, Rota Boosts (IIRC), there's some pic updates on the Snetterton 300 thread over at HOT, I've it up on my FB account if you want to have a look. My mate was there on the day to capture some shots so hopefully he'll have his up soon too 8)

Didn't feel my car was as quick as some of the EK4/EG9/DC2's, not sure what code to use for the civics, always get confused with them :D
Lol is it EG4 and EK9?
You decided what you want to do with yours yet Ed?

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Wayne, I've tested it with the F4 pads and its enough for me... I've still yet to mount the 4 way ultra racing front strut brace, but it don't fooking fit grrr... so will try again end of the month... don't know why but it doesn't seem to sit flush with the two rear chassis bar bit, about an inch out, and it doesn't sit down by the left strut properly.

I've got the rear strut tower brace and c pillar on order, and got the lower rear member brace to put on too, not to mention side fender bars.

Next step is new tyres, still deciding on RE070 or yoko AD08's.

Paul G

Members
Yella Fella said:
Guys,

Paul G came to the rescue during yesterdays HOT event at Snetterton 300, in fact he couldn't of come over any earlier as we kept missing each other in between sessions... there was a lot of people, and subsequently a lot of Hondas :D

As I've never taken pads off before, Paul kindly showed me and what looked like a whole other audience too as a fair few people were checking it out :lol: .

It did seem like there was a few people watching ! :xlol: Happy to help :wink:

Glad you like the F4 pads 8) Like i've said before anyone doing track days in there DC5 really dose need to try them, stop the car VERY well (i raced my DC5 with them) & last well to...

Good to meet you & wt a good track Snett is now !!! & only 30 miles from my house :D

Dan2020

Advanced Member
eXceed said:
Yella Fella said:

Lol is it EG4 and EK9?
You decided what you want to do with yours yet Ed?
EG6 will be B16 hatch and EG9 will be B16 saloon. My old stripped out and semi track prepped EG6 wasn't as quick as the DC5 around the track.

Paul G

Members
dc5ian said:
have you you used any other race compounds with your discs paul?

Only other 'race' compound I've tried was Pagid RS19's , liked them but expensive :shock: I like the Mintex F4's just as much & they cost less so stuck with the F4's...

haitch

Advanced Member
EJ9, EK4 and EK9 at the Snett event, the grey EJ9 runs a B18 I believe as well as at least two of the EK9's and the blue EK4, the EK9 with the orange lip runs a gearset as well, the 'FastJap Cars' edition runs a B20 approx 230bhp. Power to weight and the EK9 handles very well indeed 8)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
haitch said:
EJ9, EK4 and EK9 at the Snett event, the grey EJ9 runs a B18 I believe as well as at least two of the EK9's and the blue EK4, the EK9 with the orange lip runs a gearset as well, the 'FastJap Cars' edition runs a B20 approx 230bhp. Power to weight and the EK9 handles very well indeed 8)
They were all very quick around the corners and the straights (looked like very good drivers too). I was seriously impressed with all of them 8) . I only remember being able to catch a white one in the corners and ironically when we got to the straights I didn't have the power to overtake him :shock: