Mintex or DS2500.....?

Ezza

Advanced Member
Need to upgrade my brake pads but not sure which set to go for :?: I dont do track days but im not sure whether i could justify the cost of the Mintex over the DS2500 :(
Suggestions from people using these brake pads......?

Ezza

Advanced Member
Are they :shock: I just realised the brakes on my DC5 are a bit gutless but could this also be by the fact that i have warped discs :?: Im gonna change the discs and pads within the next week or so!

Chief

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
Are they :shock: I just realised the brakes on my DC5 are a bit gutless but could this also be by the fact that i have warped discs :?: Im gonna change the discs and pads within the next week or so!
You been driving hard mate. :D

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I found the standard pads completely lacking in bite (this is with braided hoses too), so I put Mintex 1144s on, having had excellent service from them on the DC2.

They're not quite as good on the DC5, which I put down to the braking system, but they offer much more initial bite, which suits my style. I couldn't categorically say how much better the overall stopping distance is, but it gives me more confidence in them!

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
I found the standard pads completely lacking in bite (this is with braided hoses too), so I put Mintex 1144s on, having had excellent service from them on the DC2.

They're not quite as good on the DC5, which I put down to the braking system, but they offer much more initial bite, which suits my style. I couldn't categorically say how much better the overall stopping distance is, but it gives me more confidence in them!
I completely agree with the above statement!

Much better than standard IMO

Ezza

Advanced Member
All sorted now, decided to go for some Mintex 1144 pads from Paul G :D

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Afaik they are no ds2500 rebadged, the compound is quite different to look at and use.

corbie

Advanced Member
The stock ones are made by Ferodo but are not the same compound as the DS2500.

I have a set of Carbotech's to put on and if they are as good as they are on the EVO they are going to be fantastic. about the same price as the DS2500 and 1155 All of which I don't rate as they fade too quickly on track.