Mis-alignment

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Is it really as easy as hitting a mild pot hole and the alignment can get knocked out?
I have coilovers and frsu, and have probably had 5 or 6 setups. After a while it starts to drift slightly to the right, and on a straight road (dual carriageways seem worse) I am making a lot of micro adjustments to stay in a straight line.

I'll get it checked again but it is likely out. I'm running -1 degree camber, front toe out and rear toe in.

Maybe adjustable top mounts aren't as good as fixed. Everything else is torqued to spec, I.e. Hub to strut, wishbones, subframe etc.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Tyre's ? Mine was pulling till i got some decent one's, try swapping left to right if you can, it pulled the other way when i swapped them over.

T.G.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Yokohama AD08R, I always run top quality tyres.

I need to swap front and rears anyway so I will cross them and see if it helps at all.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Mine seems to be pulling to the right as well,only happened since I've had my new tyres fitted,re070s. Had tracking checked which was just 3mm out and had that fixed but issue remains.

dave7368

Advanced Member
i wouldn't think small ish pot holes in the road would knock out the alignment, as something would have to be bent for it to be misaligned

though a pot hole like this one i seen at work a few weeks back might cause you some problems... :xgrin:

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
lol thats some pot hole!
seriously though,
i have the same problem, 4 new bridgestone re040 fitted and drifts to the left, swapped them front to back, the same, cant swap left to right without turning them on the wheels as theyre directional

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
ep3itrdc5 said:
lol thats some pot hole!
seriously though,
i have the same problem, 4 new bridgestone re040 fitted and drifts to the left, swapped them front to back, the same, cant swap left to right without turning them on the wheels as theyre directional
I'm sure you would be ok swapping just for a short test.

T.G.

Rom

Advanced Member
May sound silly, but check none of the wheels bind at all. A sticky brake will cause a car to drift.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Good call,will check that when I pick my car up next Saturday.I've new discs and pads fitted within the last month,not had any issues until tyres fitted but definitely worth checking.