misfire/hesitation only in vtec

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Right lads where to start..... my teg a grown a really annoying problem, its got a misfire/hesitation but only in vtec its fine below vtec there are no eml light on buy the way.
It all started when i filled up at my local shell station last tuesday i 1st thought just a dodgy batch of vpower but its at its worst when you use vtec for the 1st time but it gradually gets better the more i use vtec :/
The spark plugs have never been changed within my 2.5 years/23k of ownership so i have got some on order from honda, they are coming tomorrow. i checked the oil and it was on the max mark. ive also done a ecu reset but that had no effect. when i have the window down i can here it popping and banging through the exhaust and you can feel it through the car.if the plugs dont cure it iwill go and see tgm on saturday.

My setup is
Kpro,rbc,dc sports mani,fujitsubo rmo1a and gruppe m.

Anyone has any idea's on my problem???

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Possible O2 sensor.. Coil maybe.. Might be worth checking your primary O2 is working on your kpro if it will show that data.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
my eml has been flickering on and off as i go over big bumps etc for a while now but it doesnt stay solid. i dont know how to use hondata k manager lol :(
it has been rincing alot of fuel lately my millage from a full tank has been getting less and less as of late, i used to get about 300 around town/mixed driving but my last coulple have been more like 250/270 :(

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
sounds like primary o2 sensor to me, especially with the recent extra fuel use.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
thanks for the replys lads :D, i did get 420 to a tank 2 months ago lol but the eml light has been flickering for a long time, ive ordered up a set of plugs to start with as its the cheapest opition and that they havent been changed before. failing that it will be a trip to tgm on saturday...... alright chap! lol

would a faulty 02 sensor cause the type of problems im having??

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Problem sorted :D it much of been the start of a spark plug going down, as the new set were fitted today i tool it for a blat and the issue had gone :)

duncan84

Advanced Member
thanks for the info civicjordan281 mine is doing the same but not the fuel issue, so im going to get a new set ordered and hopefully this will resolve my issue too :)

is there any decent ones out there which are better than others i can buy for the dc5?

thanks

duncan

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
i got the plugs from honda but i think you can buy the same ones for abit less from places like ebay etc mate. the part number you want is IFR7G-11KS they are NKG 1R :)

let me know how you get on